• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Rangers vs Canadiens - First Round Playoff Thread

The only way i don't rebuild is if we get Ship from KHL....

Anything outside of getting a top center, and you need to rebuild....stop wasting time.

It's like this team wants to rebuild, but doesn't want to do it on purpose like Toronto....they'd prefer 2012 and 2016, that way they can still sell tickets

A 30 year old Shippy isnt going to turn this team around or a 34 year old lazy fcuk in Kovalchuk

The team doesn't need to be "turned around". We weren't the Colorado Avalanche.

The margins between where we are and where we need to get are not as big as you think.

The club needs to be improved, but it doesn't need the new guy to be a saviour.

They depressing part is this team is built to win now.

Subban for Weber and very little in terms of prospects with price and max going to get paid more, Markov and pleks pretty much done etc.

I'd feel okay if our best players where not entering best before date.

They're built to win now, unfortunately what they're built to win is regular season games, not playoff series.

The team doesn't need to be "turned around". We weren't the Colorado Avalanche.

The margins between where we are and where we need to get are not as big as you think.

The club needs to be improved, but it doesn't need the new guy to be a saviour.

I agree, there are good pieces, but the worry is the work that is needed at center

If they think Galchenyuk is a winger than MB has his work cut out for him.

Especially after his speech a couple of years ago that the only way to get a top center is via draft and player development.

I agree, there are good pieces, but the worry is the work that is needed at center

Especially after his speech a couple of years ago that the only way to get a top center is via draft and player development.

or dont fck up missing Getzlaf , Parise , Carter, Bergeron , Kessler in generational drafts or Kutznetsov , Coyle and others in regular drafts .

Such a disappointing playoffs from the Habs.

Even with poor teams under Koivu, Habs managed to at least make 2nd rounds... Here we traded for character and we flop in the first round. Traded PK for nothing... Guess he wasn't so 'selfish' and a liability for the Predators. Meanwhile we were too busy being physically tough and fighting instead of scoring goals. This really leave a bitter pill to swallow for me. I've become really disallusioned with this organization!

Even with poor teams under Koivu, Habs managed to at least make 2nd rounds... Here we traded for character and we flop in the first round. Traded PK for nothing... Guess he wasn't so 'selfish' and a liability for the Predators. Meanwhile we were too busy being physically tough and fighting instead of scoring goals. This really leave a bitter pill to swallow for me. I've become really disallusioned with this organization!

nothing.....woa woa .......

Team has to learn to play him at centre and work with him. Accept the good things he does. Work with him to improve defensively but live with the fact hes skilled offensively but wont be Guy Carbonneau

We are willing to accept phillip danault as a top liner cause hes responsible even though he doesnt have the offense to be a number one centre.

We dont do the same in the oppisite situation. A skilled guy with problems defensively needs limited minutes on the third line or traded.

Get used to it. Bruins hockey for the next 4 years under Julien.

Big slow team that likes to hit with a coach that plays guys like king over guys like Mitchell.

hockey30-2017-04-24-a-10.05.01.png

hockey30-2017-04-24-a-10.05.11.png

hockey30-2017-04-24-a-10.05.35.png

Did you think before the series started that Max and Chucky wouldn't score a single goal between them? Did you? Huh?

I expected 1 goal out of Max, 3 out of chuckie.

Bitterly disappointed on all counts.

Last edited:
Did you think before the series started that Max and Chucky wouldn't score a single goal between them? Did you? Huh?

I picked them in my playoff pool....

I find that chuck on the wing and 4th line really cost the team. He has always been good offensively at centre. Playing to win games 1-0, 2-1 only works if Price is stopping everything.

some funny first round stats - habs had 3 players in the top 5 in high danger scoring chances

max, and Gallagher tied for 5th and lehkonen was 3rd

I get that Shaw is overpaid but I don't get the hate for him. He's being misused. Put him on the third line with Danault and possibly Hudon and I think he'll be fine.

Back