• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Charlie Lindgren situation

Habs-25

Banned
So what is the plan with this guy in long term? Heard he doesn't like to play another season in minor, way too early of course but my feeling is he will eventually become number one in this league. Again too early but he looked pretty calm despite his age in his first two nhl games.

Holtby spent 2.5 yrs in the AHL, Schneider spent 2-3 seasons in the AHL, Quick spent at least 2-seasons between ECHL & AHL, so I'd say yes.

Montoya is under contract for 2 more years.

But nothing prevents Lindgren from beating him out in training camp. Montoya's contract is just 1M so we can bury him or trade him if needed.

Is this even a question? I mean, a real question?

On what factual basis does Lindgren have to "demand" anything? He's not a guy who's spent years in the minors looking for an opportunity somewhere and he's not dominating the minors. If he doesn't like his current situation, his contract's up at the end of the year. He can head to Europe to try to be a #1 there.

Can lindgren stop the nhl's best? Crosby, mcdavid, ovechkin, kucherov, kane, kessel, stamkos, burns, karlsson, marchand?

Last edited:
Is this even a question? I mean, a real question?

On what factual basis does Lindgren have to "demand" anything? He's not a guy who's spent years in the minors looking for an opportunity somewhere and he's not dominating the minors. If he doesn't like his current situation, his contract's up at the end of the year. He can head to Europe to try to be a #1 there.
Hard to do anything good when you play for Ice Caps..

Mike Condon was the best goalie in the ECHL his first pro year and then was one of the better goalies in the AHL in his second pro year. Wasn't playing on world beating teams either. Made his niche in the NHL soon after.

I'd like to see Lindgren dominate before worrying about his future.

Back