• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Canes v. NY Islanders 4/6 7:00PM EDT

cmaleski2

Canes are back at home tonight against the Islanders. The remaining 3 games mean nothing to the Canes (except for draft position) but his game means everything to the Islanders. The Islanders have to win their last 3 AND need a lot of other things to happen to make the playoffs. So the Canes can finish off the Islanders tonight.

As for the draft lottery, the Canes can end up anywhere from 17th to 22nd overall in the NHL which would put them 10th to 15th in the draft lottery. 17th, 18th and 22nd are extreme long shots, they most likely will end up 19th-21st. If you are thinking about lottery odds:

19th 1st pick 2.2% 2nd pick 2.4% 3rd Pick 2.7%
20th 1st - 2.7% 2nd - 2.9% 3rd 3.2%
21st 1st - 3.1% 2nd - 3.4% 3rd 3.7%

So it really doesn't matter much, it you are going to hit those odds you are darn lucky.

No roster updates for the Canes, so expect the same players as we had Tuesday @Minnesota.

If this game holds to form, the scoreboard will get a workout. In the first 4 meetings, the Canes have outscored the Isles 22-15.

Jerseys off a player's back tonight. Our record in those games is abysmal.

One more thing...I think the Oak City Supporters group will be sitting in 328 again tonight. The last time they were at a game, it was a wild scene, with a special guest appearance by Lindholm's brother.

Aho/Staal/Lindholm
Nordstrom/Rask/Teravainen
Skinner/Ryan/Stempniak
Bickell/Poturalski/McGinn

Slavin/Pesce
Hanifin/Faulk
Dahlbeck/Tennyson

Lack in goal. Wanna bet Peters starts the 4th line tonight?

This will be my personal season finale, as I'm tied up Saturday. Otherwise this one would be a hard pass.

One more thing...I think the Oak City Supporters group will be sitting in 328 again tonight. The last time they were at a game, it was a wild scene, with a special guest appearance by Lindholm's brother.
I really wasn't looking forward to going to this game, but if the OCS are going to be there, that changes everything. "Oh when the Canes.....Go marching in....."

I really wasn't looking forward to going to this game, but if the OCS are going to be there, that changes everything. "Oh when the Canes.....Go marching in....."

I don't think they're be there in the same numbers they were the first time but it should still be entertaining.

IF we have Lack and Ward as our goalies next year. I won't even buy my 1 game ticket I buy a year!.

Courtesy of Brian LeBlanc, we are 1-9 in Jersey Off Their Back games since 2008. The win was in 2015.

They should include brown paper bags with those jerseys if any of the fans wear those out in public after watching debacles like tonight!

This game sucked from the get-go. The only redeeming factor is that it will be my last game of the season and I won't have to watch this team for awhile. Of course, I must admit that the misery of this game was somewhat mitigated by the Oak City Supporters, who kept me entertained throughout most of the game with their goodnatured cheers.

I'm fortunate my last home game of the season was the OT win against Columbus. Back to back 3-0 suckfests at home?

Back