• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The Offseason Thread

noticed PK has 7 kids but all are boys. Pretty long odds to have 7 kids of 1 sex - 1.6% chance. 3 kids are grown but 4 are still in school.

lol

My son is Ioannis (Yannis americanized). Like Ioannis (the good/the beautiful) Komnenos II
I also like Eratosthenes as a greek name.

oh off track..
:)

Ps. Well in these times, you know they recycled names for dynastic and prophecy reasons... (AMIA prophecy)... so one can easily mistaken Ionnis the Beautiful with the other Ioannis, "the ugle". haha

Last edited:
Americanized alternative ... John. Just sayin

Absolutely. Yannis Ioannis John. Yes sir. I'm impressed ;) Yannis is a variant I guess of Ioannis. But John is the 'americanized' or version indeed.
Mine doesn't exist, not directly, you gotta go with Jim from James to get... Demetrios :)

I like to find the equivalent names... like there's a greek name that gives two = Harry and/or Bob. Can't remember it though. Wonder if there is an equivalent for Jeffrey? Say we can have a year of the greek names and use those... until PK sells the team ;)

I like to find the equivalent names... like there's a greek name that gives two = Harry and/or Bob. Can't remember it though. Wonder if there is an equivalent for Jeffrey? Say we can have a year of the greek names and use those... until PK sells the team ;)

Yeah ... don't think any Latin or Greek based languages have an equivalent for Jeffrey that ins't short for something else. That's why I always got stuck with Jose or Jeffe in Spanish class when I was in school. and Jeffe isn't even a proper name.

Pretty great photo of Phil Kessel eating hot dogs out of the Stanley Cup. This goes back to some shots local media in Toronto took at him when he was traded, but also funny because his Penguin teammates have made fun of Kessel and the hot dogs stories ever since he arrived in Pittsbugh. At least Phil has a sense of humor about it. Also entertaining anytime someone trolls the Toronto media.

https://sports.yahoo.com/steve-simm...etty-stanley-cup-hot-dog-photo-160135959.html

Pretty great photo of Phil Kessel eating hot dogs out of the Stanley Cup. This goes back to some shots local media in Toronto took at him when he was traded, but also funny because his Penguin teammates have made fun of Kessel and the hot dogs stories ever since he arrived in Pittsbugh. At least Phil has a sense of humor about it. Also entertaining anytime someone trolls the Toronto media.

https://sports.yahoo.com/steve-simm...etty-stanley-cup-hot-dog-photo-160135959.html

Let's be more direct and specific...not local media painted with a wide brush...one idiot...Steve Simmons, Toronto Sun. Enough said if you know anything at all about Simmons.

Let's be more direct and specific...not local media painted with a wide brush...one idiot...Steve Simmons, Toronto Sun. Enough said if you know anything at all about Simmons.

Fair.

But let's not pretend that Toronto's hockey media in general haven't been a pretty comprehensive archive of choice toolbags over the decades. It ain't just Simmons.

Back