• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

GDT: Game 81 | Lightning @ Canadiens | April 7, 2017 | 7:30pm

If he & Beaulieu don't significantly pick it up during the playoffs - IMO both will at least be dangled in the offseason.

Both those guys are cut from the same cloth...good talent but just not very intelligent players

Lernout is awful?? Common man give the kid a break

He's on the ice in his second NHL game vs the best forward in the NHL right now...of course he'll lost that deal

It wasn't just one play, and yes he's a kid. But the game is too fast for him. Maybe he gets through that with more experience, but right now he's bad.

Davidson is awful.

It wasn't just one play, and yes he's a kid. But the game is too fast for him. Maybe he gets through that with more experience, but right now he's bad.

Davidson is awful.

Its his first NHL game man, of course he's gonna have a bit of difficulty

He's been alot better in the 2nd, made some nice first passes and thre his weight around

As for Davidson I agree, not sure he's gonna be someone Julien could count on

Its his first NHL game man, of course he's gonna have a bit of difficulty

He's been alot better in the 2nd, made some nice first passes and thre his weight around

As for Davidson I agree, not sure he's gonna be someone Julien could count on

The kid needs more time in the A.

Davidson is bad.

We always seem to dominate Tampa, but they score on most of their chances as usual

I landed in Montreal yesterday afternoon after 3 months in Southeast Asia.
(2 months in Thailand, 1 month in Indonesia)

My stepfather greeted my girlfriend and I with a pair of tickets in the 104 section for tonight's game, so I went to the final home game against Tampa Bay for a second year in a row.

I have missed hockey a lot during this trip.
I have watched 3-4 games on my iphone last month and read most FI threads so I knew a bit how our team was doing.

About tonight's game, it was a meaningless game and it showed.
They gave a better effort last year when they were out of the playoffs and wanted to give a good show to the fans. It seemed that eliminating Tampa Bay did not matter that much.

As a defenseman myself, when I go to the game I tend to watch more the little things that players on defense do.

About Lernout, my first reaction was kinda like Bkerr said; the game is too fast for him and his reaction time is too slow. But then I felt more like Donkay, and I liked the way he threw his weight around, how he played his game, with a mean streak.
So for a AHL/not-NHL-bottom-pairing-dman-ready yet, I did not find him awful and I think he did ok.
I would be worried having him in the line-up against NY tho.

Markov was the best defenseman out there, and arguably's habs best skater.
Very little happened offensively for Montreal when he was not on the ice.
He also faced Kucherov a couple of times and aborted plays before they happened with his good anticipation.
Teamates were often talking with him before faceoffs when he was on the ice, talking strategies and positioning.
At one point in the second period, Markov came back to the bench from the opposite side of the ice and was about bump shoulders with a Tampa Bay player whom I did not see the number and he kind of gave him a good push before the contact, making said player fall on the ice.
In the 3rd, a Tampa Bay dman shot the puck in the stands and Markov instantly stood up on Montreal's bench requesting a delay of game penalty. He was the only one who did that.
The guy is focused and gave a full effort.
A 38 years old Markov is better than a Jeff Petry 79 games out of 82.
A lot of us wants to see him rest the last game, but everybody knows that is is not something the General wants to do.
He think he'll have his wish granted and will play tommorow as Weber and Benn probably won't be playing.

The rest of the dcorp was a mess.

We all know that our greatest need are at C and D.
I would think that puck moving D should be the number one concern.
Tampa Bay were doing good tonight without their best two C, with Point and Namesnikov as their top two C because their D were better than ours and they had a better transition game.

Beaulieu in one word : nonchalant

About the forwards, Gallagher and Byron were working their asses of and making the most stuff happening.
Gallagher keeps being good at being punched in the face after the whistles.
He went head to head with Hedman often, even got in a little slashing feud with him.
I was kinda pissed at King for not finishing his check on Hedman behind the net after Gallagher finished his just before.
I was thinking King was the most useless player on the ice when he got that breakaway.
Nice shot that got him going after.

Galchenyuk in word : floater

Radulov got his chances as usual, but he got really pissed at Nesterov in the 3rd after he missed the puck on the blue line in the offensive zone, messing up the boys setup.
He was skating by himself cursing, and during the tv break he skated to Nesterov and told him something about the last play, waving his hands and all. He was not happy.
The crowd booed them on that play.

All and all, I felt very detached from that game.
I had fans behind me yelling, cursing every plays like we were in a do or die game; damn I wanted to give them a chill pill.
Besides the boring defeat, I really enjoyed watching the way Markov play the game.

I'm back home for the playoffs and it makes me happy, just bring on the Rangers already.
Go habs go !

Last edited:
Lernout is awful?? Common man give the kid a break

He's on the ice in his second NHL game vs the best forward in the NHL right now...of course he'll lost that deal
I cut him slack but if Davidson and Nesterov are anywhere near the ice in the post season, we are ****ed.

Galchenyuk is so...so... Horrible. Borderline alher. It's horrible.

I dont know if its a mental thing, a linemates thing or a injury thing, but he's bad right now.

The person he had the best chemistry with was radulov, but radulov and max have a sweet thing going, and whenever chukie joins that line at center its a mess.Dont know what they should do with him

I landed in Montreal yesterday afternoon after 3 months in Southeast Asia.
(2 months in Thailand, 1 month in Indonesia)

My stepfather greeted my girlfriend and I with a pair of tickets in the 104 section for tonight's game, so I went to the final home game against Tampa Bay for a second year in a row.

I have missed hockey a lot during this trip.
I have watched 3-4 games on my iphone last month and read most FI threads so I knew a bit how our team was doing.

About tonight's game, it was a meaningless game and it showed.
They gave a better effort last year when they were out of the playoffs and wanted to give a good show to the fans. It seemed that eliminating Tampa Bay did not matter that much.

As a defenseman myself, when I go to the game I tend to watch more the little things that players on defense do.

About Lernout, my first reaction was kinda like Bkerr said; the game is too fast for him and his reaction time is too slow. But then I felt more like Donkay, and I liked the way he threw his weight around, how he played his game, with a mean streak.
So for a AHL/not-NHL-bottom-pairing-dman-ready yet, I did not find him awful and I think he did ok.
I would be worried having him in the line-up against NY tho.

Markov was the best defenseman out there, and arguably's habs best skater.
Very little happened offensively for Montreal when he was not on the ice.
He also faced Kucherov a couple of times and aborted plays before they happened with his good anticipation.
Teamates were often talking with him before faceoffs when he was on the ice, talking strategies and positioning.
At one point in the second period, Markov came back to the bench from the opposite side of the ice and was about bump shoulders with a Tampa Bay player whom I did not see the number and he kind of gave him a good push before the contact, making said player fall on the ice.
In the 3rd, a Tampa Bay dman shot the puck in the stands and Markov instantly stood up on Montreal's bench requesting a delay of game penalty. He was the only one who did that.
The guy is focused and gave a full effort.
A 38 years old Markov is better than a Jeff Petry 79 games out of 82.
A lot of us wants to see him rest the last game, but everybody knows that is is not something the General wants to do.
He think he'll have his wish granted and will play tommorow as Weber and Benn probably won't be playing.

The rest of the dcorp was a mess.

We all know that our greatest need are at C and D.
I would think that puck moving D should be the number one concern.
Tampa Bay were doing good tonight without their best two C, with Point and Namesnikov as their top two C because their D were better than ours and they had a better transition game.

Beaulieu in one word : nonchalant

About the forwards, Gallagher and Byron were working their asses of and making the most stuff happening.
Gallagher keeps being good at being punched in the face after the whistles.
He went head to head with Hedman often, even got in a little slashing feud with him.
I was kinda pissed at King for not finishing his check on Hedman behind the net after Gallagher finished his just before.
I was thinking King was the most useless player on the ice when he got that breakaway.
Nice shot that got him going after.

Galchenyuk in word : floater

Radulov got his chances as usual, but he got really pissed at Nesterov in the 3rd after he missed the puck on the blue line in the offensive zone, messing up the boys setup.
He was skating by himself cursing, and during the tv break he skated to Nesterov and told him something about the last play, waving his hands and all. He was not happy.
The crowd booed them on that play.

All and all, I felt very detached from that game.
I had fans behind me yelling, cursing every plays like we were in a do or die game; damn I wanted to give them a chill pill.
Besides the boring defeat, I really enjoyed watching the way Markov play the game.

I'm back home for the playoffs and it makes me happy, just bring on the Rangers already.
Go habs go !
Thanks for taking the time writing this. Good read.

Yeah, good read...totally right about Markov. Watching him live is something else. Such a great player!

Back