• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Quest for the Holy Grail

BeLeafer

Nah, the Leafs aren't in this to get 'experience'. They're contenders, as is every other team that makes the playoffs (except the Senators).

The Leafs have but one prize this season:

stanleycup.jpg

I want one.

Congrats guys and gals. I know a few of you were trying to tell yourselves that they've "overachieved" so it's just gravy to make the playoffs, but I think that's bullshit. You'd have been devastated if they missed... and rightfully so. The playoffs are THE BEST!

FIve 60+ pointers.

Five 20+ goal scorers (could be six by end of today).

#2 powerplay

#9 pk

+ Hunlak

This team could do some damage.

The playoff format is really beneficial to a team like the Leafs if they can place third. There's a big gap between facing Ottawa and the Caps but it will only take a point.

It seems wrong that the Pens and BJs will face off against one another after finishing second and third in the conference.

The playoff format is really beneficial to a team like the Leafs if they can place third. There's a big gap between facing Ottawa and the Caps but it will only take a point.

It seems wrong that the Pens and BJs will face off against one another after finishing second and third in the conference.
It's messed up that if you get a point you play a weaker opponent than the Habs.

It's messed up that if you get a point you play a weaker opponent than the Habs.

I like the old format infinitely more, but this stupid format would make a lot more sense if Washington played NYR and Montreal played Toronto/Boston.

Back