Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: GDT: Round 1, Game 1 | Rangers @ Canadiens | April 12, 2017 | 7:00pm

Post Thanks / Like

Default GDT: Round 1, Game 1 | Rangers @ Canadiens | April 12, 2017 | 7:00pm

Quote Originally Posted by HabsFan1 View Post
    I have a feeling if kreider or Miller come remotely close to Price, he is going to let them know in his own way to stay the **** away. If it happens it will set the tone for the whole series with a bullseye on their jerseys for Ott and Shaw.
    I'm interested in seeing what Weber does in the first few minutes on the ice vs Kerider. I know there are a few here who keep bringing up Weber's performance in last years game 7 vs SJS - but if u watched the whole series Weber was out almost every time Perry was out on the ice, and it was a vicious physical battle between the two, with Perry being on the receiving end of more than the better portion of the physicality.
    IMO it's also why Emelin's an important piece of the D puzzle, Weber can't be the only physical presence as he was with Preds last year, too much for one player to bear in the intense playoff environment without wearing down over the course of time/series.

“We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”

“So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: GDT: Round 1, Game 1 | Rangers @ Canadiens | April 12, 2017 | 7:00pm

Quote Originally Posted by Guibs View Post
    Price already did something similar this season so I agree with you, he could absolutely do it. In fact, if I am price, On the first occasion I jump on the guy that goes on you. Better make this point early in the playoff. First to the league, showing the best goaly has enough, but also to his teamates to let them know they better clean it up in front of him. could be a 2 minute well spent.
    i thought weber was going to someone magically prevent that?

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: GDT: Round 1, Game 1 | Rangers @ Canadiens | April 12, 2017 | 7:00pm

Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    I'm interested in seeing what Weber does in the first few minutes on the ice vs Kerider. I know there are a few here who keep bringing up Weber's performance in last years game 7 vs SJS - but if u watched the whole series Weber was out almost every time Perry was out on the ice, and it was a vicious physical battle between the two, with Perry being on the receiving end of more than the better portion of the physicality.
    IMO it's also why Emelin's an important piece of the D puzzle, Weber can't be the only physical presence as he was with Preds last year, too much for one player to bear in the intense playoff environment without wearing down over the course of time/series.
    Jordie Benn is also a physical presence.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by BKerr View Post
    Jordie Benn is also a physical presence.
    Not sold Benn can play more than 16-17 min per game over the course of a series without wearing down

“We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”

“So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    Not sold Benn can play more than 16-17 min per game over the course of a series without wearing down
    I agree, i was just saying that Weber and Emelin are not the only two guys who are a physical presence on defence on this roster.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by worm View Post
    Bring back Breezer....
    "Love one another as I have loved you"... Jesus-Christ our Holy Lord and Savior Forever Amen and Alleluia !!!

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HabsFan1 View Post
    I have a feeling if kreider or Miller come remotely close to Price, he is going to let them know in his own way to stay the **** away. If it happens it will set the tone for the whole series with a bullseye on their jerseys for Ott and Shaw.
    You don't want Price doing that...not only will he get a penalty, but it'll throw him off his game.

What needs to happen is Ott crashing Lundquist.....trying to defend Kreider/Miller from crashing Price won't work until we crash their goalie also. Then the refs will have a talk with both coaches.
    "Love one another as I have loved you"... Jesus-Christ our Holy Lord and Savior Forever Amen and Alleluia !!!

Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
    You don't want Price doing that...not only will he get a penalty, but it'll throw him off his game.

What needs to happen is Ott crashing Lundquist.....trying to defend Kreider/Miller from crashing Price won't work until we crash their goalie also. Then the refs will have a talk with both coaches.
    I say take out Kreider's knee
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by TheCountofMonteCristo View Post
    I say take out Kreider's knee
    Every round, someone will try to run Price....Sens-Bruins-Columbus won't be nicer

Run the other goalie, then the message is sent to the rest of the league

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Rolex View Post
    Every round, someone will try to run Price....Sens-Bruins-Columbus won't be nicer

Run the other goalie, then the message is sent to the rest of the league
    won't matter, you have us out this round anyway

I have no problem in the least running other goalies but I want Kreider's head on a platter a la John the Baptist. Granted we have had three years to do something to him and haven't.

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

Pacioretty to play tonight
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
    Pacioretty to play tonight
    if he couldn't I would have been shocked but McCarron would have been waived today for sure

Post Thanks / Like

Apparently we are going superstious re the anthems, Sara Diamond for the yank one and Ginette Reno for our's like in our 2014 semi final run.
    Last edited by TheCountofMonteCristo; 04-12-2017 at 02:27 PM.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by worm View Post
    LAst I check, Weber plays 22 or so minutes per games which leave us with 38 minutes without him on the ice.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Guibs View Post
    LAst I check, Weber plays 22 or so minutes per games which leave us with 38 minutes without him on the ice.
    no no no ....magic

weber prevents nothing

just like gally will bump a goalie no matter who is on the ice

Post Thanks / Like

GO HABS!!!

Post Thanks / Like

AMPED UP

Post Thanks / Like

Post Thanks / Like

Watching on a stream so my posting will be behind but I don't even care, haha.

Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

King in place of Galchenyuk. Full potato.
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

Page 3 of 26 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast