• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The (Around the League) Playoffs Thread

and-if-ottawa.jpg

Yeah...that's a tough one, and why I was relieved when the Rangers took out the Habs and eliminated that possibility.

I guess it'd either come down to which team I dislike more at that particular time, or I'd not care much either way while hoping that somehow both teams manage to lose.

Yeah...that's a tough one, and why I was relieved when the Rangers took out the Habs and eliminated that possibility.

I guess it'd either come down to which team I dislike more at that particular time, or I'd not care much either way while hoping that somehow both teams manage to lose.

Hey let's not get crazy here...I'm certainly not hoping that a sen team wins a cup...pens/caps will make sure of that.

Pittsburgh and Nashville is what I'm hoping for.
Same here. My two most desirable outcomes for the remainder of the playoffs:

A) Phil continues to go beast-mode on the rest of the playoffs, wins his second Stanley Cup as well as the Conn Smythe trophy he should've won last year, and comes back to Toronto again to celebrate---except this time he hosts a street party in front of Steve Simmons' house that's catered by food trucks serving hot dogs.

OR

B) PK Subban & the Preds win the Stanley Cup, and PK pulls a Phil and brings the Cup to the wing of the Montreal children's hospital that bears his name.

After Leafs eliminated (or don't make playoffs) I don't cheer for a team I just enjoy playoff hockey. This year though I am kind of cheering for Preds only because someone here said Leafs will get 17th pick if they advanced to next round.

for me wsh/pit are the 2 best teams so one of them should win by all rights.

i kind of like all 4 west teams left and think they all have a story i can get behind.

Well, I guess unlike the first round, the Sens didn't have the benefit of having a whole bunch of over-confident Leaf fans mistakenly buy up a bunch of tickets.

Seriously though, what the hell is going on with that fanbase? They've got one of the most exciting hockey players in the world on their team in his prime, they have a good team that had a real nice season, and not only is this the 2nd round of the playoffs, but it's a very winnable series for the Sens.

That place should be sold out shortly after the tickets go on sale, and rocking.

I'm a Getzlaf/Perry fan so I'm okay with them winning even with Randy. Plus they helped stop the Apocalypse in 2007 so that still has weight.

Seriously though, what the hell is going on with that fanbase? They've got one of the most exciting hockey players in the world on their team in his prime, they have a good team that had a real nice season, and not only is this the 2nd round of the playoffs, but it's a very winnable series for the Sens.

That place should be sold out shortly after the tickets go on sale, and rocking.

Calgary and Edmonton are roughly the same size, and are absolutely hopping when their clubs are in the playoffs.

Calgary and Edmonton are roughly the same size, and are absolutely hopping when their clubs are in the playoffs.
I had a cousin living out in Calgary during their run to the Cup final, and heard firsthand accounts of all the "Red Mile" madness. And from what I hear this year, the Oilers are even filling their building when the team's on the road.

So yeah, population's no excuse. And as much as the fanbase bitches about their arena out in the middle nowhere, I don't recall them having any trouble at all filling the building during their Alfredsson/Heatley/Spezza heydays.

I had a cousin living out in Calgary during their run to the Cup final, and heard firsthand accounts of all the "Red Mile" madness. And from what I hear this year, the Oilers are even filling their building when the team's on the road.

I'm live in Calgary and even in the two recent playoff appearances, the city blows up. Legitimate support for their club. I work with a bunch of Oiler fans from that area and I'm hearing the same thing about the support there. It's as it should be.

So yeah, population's no excuse. And as much as the fanbase bitches about their arena out in the middle nowhere, I don't recall them having any trouble at all filling the building during their Alfredsson/Heatley/Spezza heydays.

They should be ****ing ashamed of themselves.

Back