• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The (Around the League) Playoffs Thread

The "Best Goalies" who have the highest salaries have 0 cup wins. The Leafs were smart to get an Andersen type of goalie.

Blow it up. I'm not kidding. Unless they can miraculously find a legit top center and a top pair D? Trade these gutless turds.

Watch Price sign in Toronto.

0087_cmia.gif

Naw, they played 6. If Toronto loses tomorrow is the same.

Today is April 22. Tomorrow is April 23.

Even if you want to split this particular hair in the fashion you're suggesting, it's still a bet the entire universe takes in October.

So you're hiding behind scheduling? Ok, have fun with that.
I don't think the point is that the Leafs have one-upped the Habs in the playoffs. Like you say, they'd have to win tomorrow night to do that.

We're just kind of wondering at another thing that's happened this year that nobody would have predicted in September.

Whatever the circumstances surrounding it, like scheduling, who would have bet in September that the Leafs would still be alive in the playoffs the day after the Habs were eliminated?

I love how everyone will say "Rebuild Like Toronto" now in Montreal.
They'll never win without a true rebuild. And they'll never have a true top management team with their silly speak French rule.

That's not the bottom 6 though, that's the bottom 3.

The Habs problem is that we have to rely on guys like Danault and Byron to play top roles, and that guys like Pacs and AG can't score. The 4th line isn't really a problem with the team.

I mean I agree that the first part is an issue but if you have the first issue, you kinda have to have the depth to make up for it.

And if your top guys go a game where they aren't finding the back of the net, getting goals from your 3rd and 4th lines is pretty key. Not sure why Bergevin went dumpster diving at the deadline.

I mean I agree that the first part is an issue but if you have the first issue, you kinda have to have the depth to make up for it.

And if your top guys go a game where they aren't finding the back of the net, getting goals from your 3rd and 4th lines is pretty key. Not sure why Bergevin went dumpster diving at the deadline.
Yeah, it's mind boggling, especially since the guys we picked up were the opposite of the guys who worked well for us in the past. It was the 4th liners like Mitchell, Flynn, Byron who did well for us before, not the plugs like Ott and King, whose offensive value is about as strong as most of the people on these boards. I still don't understand how King played regular shifts for us. It was just 9 minutes in this game, but it makes no sense. Mitchell was playing fine before, so unless if he was hurt I don't see how you play any of the other guys ahead of him in the elimination game.

Back