• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The (Around the League) Playoffs Thread

The last goalie interference call is tough to swallow for Nashville. I guess driving the net is out now? Because that was the only way for Ekholm to turn that into a scoring chance. And they call a penalty on top.

the issue is both of those goals would have been called good goals in the ducks / oilers series

the ducks are sooooo easy to hate

gotta love kesler getting dominated at everything hockey related but faceoffs

I only caught bits and pieces of the Bruins/Sens series, so I can't really comment on that one. But I watched at least the majority of the the Rangers/Sens series, and it had a good amount of entertainment value. And out of those two teams, the Rangers are definitely the more boring and least compelling of the two teams.

The first two games of this series have been pretty pitiful, though. The most entertaining part of it has been the videos of Phil flipping his shit on Pittsburgh's bench. I'm not even sure why Boucher's being so cautious, anyway. Ottawa has Erik Karlsson and a bunch of good forwards.

I would think that they'd want to spend a lot more time in Pittsburgh's zone attacking that depleted defense.

I thought the first two series were good, for sure.

Only the Pens series so far sucks.

Carlyle is so easy to hate. I like the team itself.

Randy must lose.
Seriously. I'm getting flashbacks to his bad old days with the Leafs.

First, Randy's Ducks get out-shot by a two-to-one margin (40 shots to 20), yesterday. And this is what he had to say after the game:

Well, I think the shots against tonight, I just have one tidbit that at one point it was 9-8 for us. And on one flurry it went to 14. So I don't know who is counting the shots. But they dominated the shot clock tonight. I'm not going to say they didn't. But in reference, I didn't they had five shots on net and then next thing you know they've got 14. It was out of sequence. There was one sequence, I think, they got one shot and a little bit of a scramble, and all of a sudden they had four more shots at it. I don't know who has keeping it, but he better get a pair of glasses.

The narrative from Anaheim's management and from some members of the media as of late has been all about how Carlyle's evolved, changed his style to succeed in the new NHL, and how he learned so much and became a better coach as a result of his experience in Toronto.

Can't really say I'm buying it.

Carlyle is so easy to hate. I like the team itself.

Randy must lose.

Thought it was funny yesterday in the post game that the shot total was wrong. He is like it went from 9 to 14 on one sequence or something. I might not be a coach by why the **** is the coach paying such close attention to the scoreboard stats?

First, Randy's Ducks get out-shot by a two-to-one margin (40 shots to 20), yesterday. And this is what he had to say after the game:

The narrative from Anaheim's management and from some members of the media as of late has been all about how Carlyle's evolved, changed his style to succeed in the new NHL, and how he learned so much and became a better coach as a result of his experience in Toronto.

or ya

this

I only caught bits and pieces of the Bruins/Sens series, so I can't really comment on that one. But I watched at least the majority of the the Rangers/Sens series, and it had a good amount of entertainment value. And out of those two teams, the Rangers are definitely the more boring and least compelling of the two teams.

The first two games of this series have been pretty pitiful, though. The most entertaining part of it has been the videos of Phil flipping his shit on Pittsburgh's bench. I'm not even sure why Boucher's being so cautious, anyway. Ottawa has Erik Karlsson and a bunch of good forwards.

I would think that they'd want to spend a lot more time in Pittsburgh's zone attacking that depleted defense.
And I'd agree.

You saw a lesser talented team play road game hockey perfectly. We can't run and gun with Pittsburgh, we know that. And we definitely can't when we aren't getting the match ups we need to contain their three offensive beasts.

But all this "Sens are boring" stuff is stupid.

First it was all about how we got an easy round one match up vs. Boston (which we did). Then it was we couldn't sell out the arena. Now it's we play boring hockey.

Do I care? No, not really. But it would be good if people stopped going out of their way to find things to whine about regarding this team.

Having an arena in Kanata and an owner that is a grease ball should be more than enough.

That quote makes him sound like the Trump of hockey. What the **** is he even talking about there? Dummy.

And I'd agree.

You saw a lesser talented team play road game hockey perfectly. We can't run and gun with Pittsburgh, we know that. And we definitely can't when we aren't getting the match ups we need to contain their three offensive beasts.

But all this "Sens are boring" stuff is stupid.

First it was all about how we got an easy round one match up vs. Boston (which we did). Then it was we couldn't sell out the arena. Now it's we play boring hockey.

Do I care? No, not really. But it would be good if people stopped going out of their way to find things to whine about regarding this team.

Having an arena in Kanata and an owner that is a grease ball should be more than enough.

Regardless of how you're doing it, full props to your team.

I'd have bet money that both Boston and NYR would beat you, and so I'm more than up for admitting I was pretty off on those assessments.

As an aside - what's with anthem singers crying poor me?

I didn't like that the Sens gave our longtime singer a bit of a cold shoulder, and it sounds like the guy in Nashville has reason to feel alittle sad.

But seriously...you sing the anthem. I don't care about your feelings. Shut up.

Regardless of how you're doing it, full props to your team.

I'd have bet money that both Boston and NYR would beat you, and so I'm more than up for admitting I was pretty off on those assessments.
I thought we'd take Boston - but thought NYR would take us out.

Now I'm just along for the ride.

Back