• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The (Around the League) Playoffs Thread

In other good news, we look at Ottawa attendance.

There will be almost as many fans at the Canadian Tire Centre for Game 7 as there were for Game 6.

They were both blatant penalties - especially the second where you can see Stones helmet shift from the high stick.

I thought that didn't matter. I can't count how many times you have pointed out the penalty count with no regard for the legitimacy of the calls.

Anyway... this game boiled down to Anderson playing a phenomenal game more than anything. If he can do it again tomorrow they're heading to the finals. I'm definitely jealous and wish it was the Habs/Price.

It is quite something that they are in the position they are in.

Hopefully they have one more shocking upset to deliver.

I'm excited yet guarded for tonight. On one hand Crosby/Malkin are 4-2 in game 7s and Ottawa has a Washington Capitalsesq track record in game 7s. But something seems different this time. The team is more structured than in any of those previous series. I have more faith in Sens goaltending than I did in the Lalime/Tugnutt era. Plus they have been able to ride puck luck rather than lose puck luck.

This team seems so different than what we had from 1999-2004 even though on paper those teams were more likely to win a Stanley Cup.

Let's hope that structure will continue to allow them to make their own luck.

why doesn't bettman get the blame for keeping the nhl in a non-nhl city like he does everywhere else?

Though I don't see why any non Sens. fans should care about the attendance, Don Brennon places the blame on Melnyk.

Melynk's response.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/melnyk-unfair-blamed-senators-attendance-woes/
That's silly.

It's not like people are just unfairly picking on Ottawa here. If any city in any of the major four North American sports failed to sell out an elimination game in a playoff conference final game, it would be a story. Particularly when it's a Canadian city, and it's hockey.

Anyways, I'll stick with my earlier prediction: I still think Ottawa takes this game, and the series tonight.

This team really does have an irritating "team of destiny" feel about them, as much as I'd love to see then lose tonight.

Back