• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

The (Around the League) Playoffs Thread

Good for Ottawa.

I am ok with them being good and building up the fan base. Any talks of getting a new stadium closer to downtown? All this stuff makes for a better rivalry with the Leafs.

Just don't win the cup please. i won't be able to read this board with the likely invasion of scum sens fans coming here to gloat. Some are ok. We know which ones aren't.

The Pens are toast. Without Letang, Shultz, Hornqvist & Rust, and with Sid having a rattled melon, the Sens are just the deeper, better team.

Think it's going to be a Nashville-Ottawa SCF.

The Pens are toast. Without Letang, Shultz, Hornqvist & Rust, and with Sid having a rattled melon, the Sens are just the deeper, better team.

Really wish we had played the Sens in the first round.

Ah well, we'll get our cup.

I still think the Pens take the series. Especially if they make the right move and go with Murray from here on out.

Playing well, really impressed. But Pit's backend is decimated. Their offence looks terrible because they can't get any transition going. Fleury has been a nice story but it's time to go back to Murray, in which case they could still easily grind this out.

If the Sens do advance, I like their chances against the Ducks more than the Preds for some reason.

All that said, I went 1-7 in first round predictions, so probably go with the opposite of whatever I think.

The Sens have been lucky this playoffs.

1) They drew Boston in the first round when in previous years they would have drawn a better team in Montreal.
2) They drew the NY Rangers who managed to give up key leads late.
3) They drew the Pittsburgh Penguins after their defense was depleted and Crosby was skating with a bruised Melon.

Usually teams that win the cup have that type of puck luck.

Playing well, really impressed. But Pit's backend is decimated. Their offence looks terrible because they can't get any transition going. Fleury has been a nice story but it's time to go back to Murray, in which case they could still easily grind this out.

If the Sens do advance, I like their chances against the Ducks more than the Preds for some reason.

All that said, I went 1-7 in first round predictions, so probably go with the opposite of whatever I think.

Not to look back Pittsburgh but I think a lot of fans in Ottawa would rather play the Ducks if only to do a replay of 2007.

The Sens have been lucky this playoffs.

1) They drew Boston in the first round when in previous years they would have drawn a better team in Montreal.
2) They drew the NY Rangers who managed to give up key leads late.
3) They drew the Pittsburgh Penguins after their defense was depleted and Crosby was skating with a bruised Melon.

Usually teams that win the cup have that type of puck luck.

yep
part of the reason I am so pissed that montreal lost in the first round

rangers are not a very good team
bruins were banged up on the blueline
pens are super banged up on the blueline

that said - go sens until the finals!

yep

If you think you are pissed as Habs fan, think of how Caps fans would feel. Had they been able to win that game 7 vs the Pens, they draw the Sens in ECF, and most probably the Preds in the SC finals.

This was supposed to be the Cap's year!!!

If you think you are pissed as Habs fan, think of how Caps fans would feel. Had they been able to win that game 7 vs the Pens, they draw the Sens in ECF, and most probably the Preds in the SC finals.

This was supposed to be the Cap's year!!!

How appropriate that the Caps would choke. It just seems to be in their DNA.

Uhhh...what?

If the Leafs took out the Caps, we would've played the Pens in the second round.

Whatever. I thought the brackets were set and we'd get NYR.

The point was, I think we'd still be playing if we'd managed to get out of that series.

yep

And the western powerhouses were out in first round.

How often is that going to happen?

Not to look back Pittsburgh but I think a lot of fans in Ottawa would rather play the Ducks if only to do a replay of 2007.

The Ducks are much more beatable, so from your point of view you'd rather have a Cup this year than not. Nashville is crazy fast, has a super deep defence corps and a goaler that can match up with Anderson. And yeah, I've pretty much accepted Ottawa is clearing Pitt to reach the finals, Pittsburgh's D corps is too brutal at this point. C'est la vie.

I wouldn't count out Sid, Malkin, and Kessel just yet, even with that D. Especially if they go with Murray and he recaptures last year's magic.

But if they do advance, I think Anaheim will beat them up, and that Nashville is the easier opponent.

Nashville is going to oust Randy though, so if Ottawa gets by Pitts, they truly are the team of destiny this year.

I wouldn't count out Sid, Malkin, and Kessel just yet, even with that D. Especially if they go with Murray and he recaptures last year's magic.

But if they do advance, I think Anaheim will beat them up, and that Nashville is the easier opponent.

Nashville is going to oust Randy though, so if Ottawa gets by Pitts, they truly are the team of destiny this year.

looks like they are sticking with MAF

Back