Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819

Thread: Playoffs Thread

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Playoffs Thread

Look ... it's never one thing that kills a team in a playoff series, unless they lose by simply being over powered like say the Cleveland Cavaliers.
    Or the Canes in 2002... although I still stand by my belief that had Marek Malik scored instead of Igor Larionov in double OT of Game 3, they would have found a way to go on to win the Cup.

Canes Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Punzil View Post
    Or the Canes in 2002... although I still stand by my belief that had Marek Malik scored instead of Igor Larionov in double OT of Game 3, they would have found a way to go on to win the Cup.
    I stand right next to you. I think if you administered truth serum to Scotty Bowman, he'd be next to us too.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by andyt View Post
    I stand right next to you. I think if you administered truth serum to Scotty Bowman, he'd be next to us too.
    That used to eat at me, then 2006!

Funny thing, I'm so over 2006 that I'd trade it away for ten years of a playoff guarantee. OK, I wouldn't trade it, but I sure do wish we were competitive. And I'm not talking about the tank for top pick (TfTP*) competition.

* Trademark, if you use it you gotta deal with the guys from MLB. (They have baseball bats)
    6accdae13eff7i3l9n4o4qrr4s8t12vx

1st Liner
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Punzil View Post
    Or had Rod won the faceoff or Cole pushed harder to get on the wings D to foil the shot that Hull tipped in for the equalizer.
    Shape Up or Ship Out

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HockeyPat View Post

* Trademark, if you use it you gotta deal with the guys from MLB. (They have baseball bats)
    The NBA guys called and would like a word.

All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by JFG View Post
    Or had Rod won the faceoff or Cole pushed harder to get on the wings D to foil the shot that Hull tipped in for the equalizer.
    Or had Aaron Ward not slammed the puck down ice for the icing that immediately preceded that goal, instead of chipping it out of the zone when he had time and space.

Post Thanks / Like

I still loved the OT game 1 win, scored by none other than RF the man himself. It was a quick kinda, take charge - get to business goal.

That whole 2002 run was magical, lest it be forgotten... right up until that first game. After that well...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RAOxgAKPZ58

Post Thanks / Like

Nice watching this.... Not sure if it was Tommy's last goal as a Cane, but if it was - it was in a playoff winning cause, in Raleigh, on mother's day 2002. Also, had forgotten that the Condor had scored in the 9-2 pasting against the Habs... man he had such a frame. Remembering his and Svoboda's work in those playoffs...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IjE7yYu0tuc

Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 9171819