• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Playoffs Thread

I still think Washington will come back and win the series BUT if the Caps fall in the first round you would have to assume a big roster shakeup is on the way. Two years in a row of winning the President's trophy and not making it even to the ECF is a problem. My friend, a Caps fan, would rather see them get upset by Toronto versus win the series and turn around a lose to the Penguins again! That's harsh.

I find it both amusing and a pleasure to watch the young Leafs and that speed simply give the Caps fits. The arrogance of the Caps is right up there yet they have never really won a damn thing when it counts. It really quite easily could be 3-0 Leafs in the series...Ovi seems to play when he feels like it...long stretches of taking shifts off then he starts to turn it on...but never seems to be a guy that carries a team on it's back come playoff time.

For a young team, Toronto has displayed some impressive resiliency. Even after that game the other night when Washington started fast, they showed no panic and kept on plugging away.

Leon Draisaitl has a hearing with the Department of Player Safety for his spear of Chris Tierney last night.

That really SHOULD be worth at least 2 playoff games of suspension. There is no denying that was fully intentional and obviously that is completely uncalled for and has no place in hockey or any sport.

That doesn't mean he gets anything more than a token fine of course, but the NHL needs to send a message here.

Last edited:
That really SHOULD be worth at least 2 playoff games of suspension. There is no denying that was fully intentional and obviously that is completely uncalled for and has no place in hockey or any sport.

That doesn't mean he gets anything more than a token fine of course, but the NHL needs to send a message here.

This. You guys know where I stand on this issue. Start treating the playoffs the same as you do the regular season and you'll magically see less of this nonsense.

This. You guys know where I stand on this issue. Start treating the playoffs the same as you do the regular season and you'll magically see less of this nonsense.

He was fined $2,569.44, the maximum allowed under the CBA.

The Blackhawks were the biggest shock of the playoffs so far. Who would have thought they would be swept and gone in the first round as most people had them coming out of the West. They way they played the second half of the year, it was hard to argue. Good for Coach Lavy and the Preds.

The Blackhawks were the biggest shock of the playoffs so far. Who would have thought they would be swept and gone in the first round as most people had them coming out of the West. They way they played the second half of the year, it was hard to argue. Good for Coach Lavy and the Preds.

I was surprised by the collapse- to be swept! The Hawks looked like they were peaking at the right time and had their mojo coming out of the west. I guess the miles on their core is showing and the lack of depth, given the picks and players Bowman has traded away to maintain their win now mentality, aren't propping up their stars.

As Justin Williams wins another playoff game with an OT goal, I have to wonder if any if the last 9 seasons would have played out differently if we never traded him. Always painful to think about despite it probably making sense to deal him at the time.

As Justin Williams wins another playoff game with an OT goal, I have to wonder if any if the last 9 seasons would have played out differently if we never traded him.

Would have worked out differently for the Kings, but that's probably not what you meant.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Back