• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2016-17 NHL Off-Season Thread

We keep 20 with a 25 man farm team. That's as Dynasty as it gets.

Of all the dynasty leagues I've been in, only this and the baseball league have protected lists. Every other one I'm in or have been in you keep your entire roster.

I'm not complaining (though I'd like to lessen the amount that can be taken to 1 or 2), just saying that if you have to "unprotect" more players it's going to become more of a keeper league than a dynasty league.

Of all the dynasty leagues I've been in, only this and the baseball league have protected lists. Every other one I'm in or have been in you keep your entire roster.

I'm not complaining (though I'd like to lessen the amount that can be taken to 1 or 2), just saying that if you have to "unprotect" more players it's going to become more of a keeper league than a dynasty league.
I modeled the baseball league after this one. I liked the adhoc free agency it provides. Other option is to just reduce the bench spots to 3 from 5 which would line up with the NHL. I'd actually really like that tbh

I modeled the baseball league after this one. I liked the adhoc free agency it provides. Other option is to just reduce the bench spots to 3 from 5 which would line up with the NHL. I'd actually really like that tbh

I'm not saying it doesn't work as is. I'm not ready to quit or anything. Like I said, I was annoyed that I lost 3 players again... but "whether people want to believe it or not) it was actually the fact that Bull lost 3 that made something click. It really pointed out what I felt was a flaw. It seemed counter-intuitive that a team that's gone from last 2 seasons ago, to 5th last year loses 3 guys... 2 to players above him in the standings.

Again though... I'm not freaking out here, just pointing out what seems to be an issue imo.

Actually, I had added a bunch of players earlier, just added the rest, finalized the draft, and placed all remaining FA's on waivers.

Teams can go ahead and place waiver claims, and the waiver process will run at 12:00am on Saturday, July 29.

Before that happens, every team needs to ensure they are not over the maximum # of roster players, which is 50. Any players beyond the max of 50 need to be dropped right away.

MAX = 20 Active, 5 Reserves, 25 Minors (no players on IR)

Once waivers have been completed, teams can complete add/drops at any time, and use the IR as well.

I went through the draft thread and added players to their teams (who weren't already added). However, all teams should double-check their rosters to make sure nobody was missed.

Back