• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2016-17 NHL Off-Season Thread

Once again, the League Championship crown went to Mindz for his victory by the unbelievably large margin of 0.2 points. Congrats!

FI Leafsboard Final Standings:

1. Mindzeye 1491.8 ($450)
2. Habspatrol 1491.6 ($175)
3. TruJaysFan 1455 ($85)
4. GreenHornets 1374.9 (Free Entry)
5. Bull 1327.4 (Free Entry)

I'll subtract next season's entry fee and get the winnings out. Most email addresses are listed as private in Fantrax so Top 3'ers, pm me your email addy's and let me know if email transfer is okay or if you prefer Paypal.

League has been renewed, new homepage linky here:

https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/league/phx9e0cgj30s36lg/home

Over the next week or two I'll try to go through the top-ups, and do the draft lottery. I guess we'll need a draft thread (hopefully someone is willing to volunteer for the job).

NHL Entry Draft is scheduled for June 23-24. I believe it's open season for trades.

Anything else we need to do?
We don't use the treasurer? Can you just pay me on Fantrax?

I've tried to sell the team to a couple of people, but it's a pretty grim roster. Zeke didn't do PBH any favours with the state he left that team in....
Might have to contract it...anyone else had any luck?

It would probably be easier to contract the team this off-season and then have an expansion team in a year or two if we wanted.

bump

getting close to the draft....I guess the schedule is different than usual this year with the vacant team, but we have a bunch of stuff to settle beforehand

Update: Let's make a list of everything we need to do, and get going here soon. I'll post all the details in the 1st post of this thread as well.

1. Find Replacement Manager for Team Devon (PBH), or consider Contraction Options
2. Keeper Lists
3. Draft Thread - I'm hoping someone will help out and set up the draft thread
4. Collect Entry Fees
5. Draft Lottery (I believe we decided to do separate lottos for 1st and 2nd overall picks, bottom 8 teams eligible)

Update: Let's make a list of everything we need to do, and get going here soon. I'll post all the details in the 1st post of this thread as well.

1. Find Replacement Manager for Team Devon (PBH), or consider Contraction Options
2. Keeper Lists
3. Draft Thread - I'm hoping someone will help out and set up the draft thread
4. Collect Entry Fees
5. Draft Lottery (I believe we decided to do separate lottos for 1st and 2nd overall picks, bottom 8 teams eligible)

I'm willing to do the draft thread if you do the lotto and top up first :p

Deal. I'll try to get them done today or tomorrow.

We need to sent out the bat signal for a new manager. Anybody have a lead? Is there someone on the Habs board who might be interested?

pdMCEkt.jpg

It should be contracted for a variety of reasons.

The team is too far gone for any reasonable person to want it and we are seeping further away from the core members of the board which is fine , normally, but that makes it especially tougher when the team is unfixable for years.

I'll send my fee and do the protected list tomorrow

Any idea when we plan to do the draft? Next weekend( 7-9th) I'm off the grid

I'll send my fee and do the protected list tomorrow

Any idea when we plan to do the draft? Next weekend( 7-9th) I'm off the grid

considering we haven't done the lotto or found a replacement manager/performed a contraction draft, I think you're good. I think we're looking at mid-July at best.

Sorry for the delay, just been really busy. Let's set a deadline of July 15 for protected lists & entry fees. And start the draft right after that.

I just don't have a lot of time to deal with contraction, would much prefer finding a new manager but it looks unlikely. Last call for anyone interested, then we'll get on with it next week.

Sorry for the delay, just been really busy. Let's set a deadline of July 15 for protected lists & entry fees. And start the draft right after that.

I just don't have a lot of time to deal with contraction, would much prefer finding a new manager but it looks unlikely. Last call for anyone interested, then we'll get on with it next week.

I can help with contraction stuff. Have a few days off of work this week before Canada Day. We're kind of at a "shit or get off the pot" point...let's either get someone or commit to contraction. It sucks, but it's better to have less teams with good owners rather than limping on with owners that take the team for a year then leave.

I can help with contraction stuff. Have a few days off of work this week before Canada Day. We're kind of at a "shit or get off the pot" point...let's either get someone or commit to contraction. It sucks, but it's better to have less teams with good owners rather than limping on with owners that take the team for a year then leave.

Agreed, and anyone taking that team will regret it and leave.

Back