• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2016-17 NHL Off-Season Thread

Deckie007

Edit: Let's use the 1st post of this thread to list all the Off-Season Details.

* Entry Fee: $40
[email protected] (email transfer or Paypal)

* Keeper Lists Due Sunday, June 25
- 20 Keepers, 25 Minor Leaguers, 5 Unprotected

* Find Replacement Manager for Team Devon (PBH), or consider Contraction Options
* Draft Thread - I'm hoping someone will help out and set up the draft thread
* Draft Lottery (I believe we decided to do separate lottos for 1st and 2nd overall picks, bottom 8 teams eligible)

Entry Fees Paid:

- Mindzeye
- Habspatrol
- TruJaysFan
- GreenHornets
- Bull
- Fergy
- TimHorton
- BG
- Kritter
- Axlsalinger
- Tully
- Volcanologist
- Blueman
- Matrim
- Leafman101
- Hairnova
- Artnes

STILL NEED:
- Deckie (via Bull)
- Jonas

Last edited by a moderator:
My team is a tire fire.

I need some good young defense. Would move a young, decent-ish forward Nino or Sheary, for a d of similar age and production.

Had an interesting night tonight - ended up shaking hands with a former fantasy prospect of mine. Mike St. Croix - was a 4th rounder of the Rangers back in 2011 and never played his way past the AHL. Finished his pro career in the ECHL, and has now signed to play for his school in Winnipeg. His dad is Rick St. Croix who was Leafs/Reimer's goalie coach once Allaire got canned. Told a couple of good Kessel stories, from his dad.

That's pretty cool. I actually believe I drafted him in this league and traded him to you.

That's pretty cool. I actually believe I drafted him in this league and traded him to you.

You are correct. It was a good trade, I remember being asked which throw-in goalie I wanted, Bishop or Karlsson?

ngbbs43cddec7e2b26.jpg

Any of y'all got more of those league winnings?

Once again, the League Championship crown went to Mindz for his victory by the unbelievably large margin of 0.2 points. Congrats!

FI Leafsboard Final Standings:

1. Mindzeye 1491.8 ($450)
2. Habspatrol 1491.6 ($175)
3. TruJaysFan 1455 ($85)
4. GreenHornets 1374.9 (Free Entry)
5. Bull 1327.4 (Free Entry)

I'll subtract next season's entry fee and get the winnings out. Most email addresses are listed as private in Fantrax so Top 3'ers, pm me your email addy's and let me know if email transfer is okay or if you prefer Paypal.

League has been renewed, new homepage linky here:

https://www.fantrax.com/fantasy/league/phx9e0cgj30s36lg/home

Over the next week or two I'll try to go through the top-ups, and do the draft lottery. I guess we'll need a draft thread (hopefully someone is willing to volunteer for the job).

NHL Entry Draft is scheduled for June 23-24. I believe it's open season for trades.

Anything else we need to do?

Unless someone awesome comes out of the wood work may I suggest we consider contracting a team and having a dispersal draft before our regular draft?

Back