• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

ROUND 1 GAME 2 HNIC: LEAFS @ CAPS

Leafs will get to Holtby tonight. He got lucky in game one.

Our three headed defensive monster needs to hold the Ovie line again.

Looks like Zaitsev's continuing to make progress. He was out on the ice, along with Nikita Soshnikov, for a while before the main group came out. If he can get back to regular practice by Sunday or Monday, we might still have a chance to get him back for game three.

That makes this game all the more crucial. If the Leafs can get a split on the road in Washington, without our #2 defenseman, they'll have kept alive a realistic shot of them winning this series.

yeah apparently zaitsev was on the bike pre-skate as well, so those are good signs he'z symptom free.

I think it's a great first step for this young team if we can steal home ice back by winning 1 of 2 games in Washington. We can do that tonight.

Even if we lose tonight, we're going home for game 3, potentially trying to get back in the series with home ice now, not the end of the world ... for a young team like us it's better to open on the road. All the pressure still on the Caps for tonight's game.

But I think we've got this tonight. The Caps will raise their level, but so will we. I expect big game from Matthews and Freddie.

Checklist for tonight's game

Rib steaks for the first bbq of the year

Plenty of Fat Tug left in the fridge

Dust off 25 year old Leafs slippers

Clear throat ...

GO LEAFS GO!!!

If one more commentator says Andersen almost stole game one I might just give up and start following cricket or something.

My Marner jersey is out being signed, but I'm rockin my autographed Bozak jersey tonight. Cmon boys. Tie this up.

Back