• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Post-Season Thread

I've been saying that for years. I still remember those Jose Theodore seasons where he was godlike and deprived us of juicy picks even though guys like Petrov were in our top 3.

If I'm Vegas GM, I make sure my goalie is not too good.

We're on the same page, (Rolex as well). It's nothing against Price but we're never going to get better unless we get worst first.

I'm just curious as to how you guys think Bergevin will fix our holes, without a rebuild ?

Which prospect will we trade ?

We waste two 2nd rounders on a 3rd liners....instead of accumulating them and putting forward a package to get a top 6....

It's too late now for Bergevin to take risks....he should have done this 5 years ago....now, he will end up desperately making trades, and set us back even more

This loss isn't on the team, or the coach, it is what it is. This is on our GM and his hockey brass entourage. MT should never of survived last summer. MB was just to stubborn (or stupid) and he better open his eyes. 1 and 2 pivots need to be address. Plek cannot return to this team. We have a good 3rd center in 24.

This loss isn't on the team, or the coach, it is what it is. This is on our GM and his hockey brass entourage. MT should never of survived last summer. MB was just to stubborn (or stupid) and he better open his eyes. 1 and 2 pivots need to be address. Plek cannot return to this team. We have a good 3rd center in 24.
That's where it needs blown up. A complete purge of management.

We're on the same page, (Rolex as well). It's nothing against Price but we're never going to get better unless we get worst first.

It's possible but very hard. The reality is we're competing with a bunch of teams that are one very good player away from being another good player away.

It's a lot easier when your best player is a Stamkos, Matthews, McDavid, etc and all you need is some sold depth guys and a hot goalie.

I'm just curious as to how you guys think Bergevin will fix our holes, without a rebuild ?

Which prospect will we trade ?

We waste two 2nd rounders on a 3rd liners....instead of accumulating them and putting forward a package to get a top 6....

It's too late now for Bergevin to take risks....he should have done this 5 years ago....now, he will end up desperately making trades, and set us back even more

Also curious about how his replacement would do any better.

Still have a hard time as well with that Shaw trade, those picks could have been useful to replenish the farm system.

It's possible but very hard. The reality is we're competing with a bunch of teams that are one very good player away from being another good player away.

It's a lot easier when your best player is a Stamkos, Matthews, McDavid, etc and all you need is some sold depth guys and a hot goalie.

The one thing is that star skaters, especially centers, can make the players around them better and increase their perspective value. Goalies not so much. They can only make their coaches looks better.

Also curious about how his replacement would do any better.

Still have a hard time as well with that Shaw trade, those picks could have been useful to replenish the farm system.

Because his replacement will have a clean slate to tank and rebuild....just like Babcock/Lou sold it in TO

Nesterov, Emelin, SFB, Davidson - GONE!!!

Seriously look at trading Pacs to see what the return is.

The decision to tank rests with Price. Have a serious conversation..... re-sign or tear it down.

Back