• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Post-Season Thread

Knowing Molson doubt they do that.
12 millions to Berg, 4-5 millions to MT.
Jr is not the big wig of the consortium, I find it hard to believe the ownership group is pleased with what has transpired over the past 2-seasons...

Post-Season Thread

Wouldn't it be something if St.Patrick is brought in as President of hockey ops...

But I suspect he likes coaching too much

My point wasn't about sergachev.

Its about galchenyuks value.

Are you willing to sell him for pennies on the dollar
I don't agree, one more not promising season and it will be pennies on the $, right now he's got similar value to Drouin, both #3 overall picks if I'm not mistaken

I don't agree, one more not promising season and it will be pennies on the $, right now he's got similar value to Drouin, both #3 overall picks if I'm not mistaken
I think drouin has more valuable. Galchenyuk is going to be seen as coming off that disapointing second half and playoffs as well as not having a position.

Julien has repeatedly said that while chucky isnt ready now, his job is to make him a better player. Lets let the coach do his job

Our team isn't filled with youngsters so we could hardly afford some of them to regress (SFB healthy scratch, Chuckie a spare part)

Our team isn't filled with youngsters so we could hardly afford some of them to regress (SFB healthy scratch, Chuckie a spare part)

Agreed and combined with players on the tail end , and some due massive raises as they hit their 30`s .....ie dont like this recipe .

Jr is not the big wig of the consortium, I find it hard to believe the ownership group is pleased with what has transpired over the past 2-seasons...
He is not pleased for sure, but i doubt a change happens this off season. Berg may have another chance.

Toronto's imminent ascendancy will provide some extra heat at some point. In a Nordique-lite kind of way.

Post-Season Thread

Habs should target Karl Alzner for D. I don't think Washington will be re-signing him.

Chevy-Weber
Alzner-Petry
Markov-Benn

This way if Chevy needs less ice time. Alzner can step up and play with Weber

Last edited:
Re: Habs News & Notes: 2016-17 Season

One thing that really pisses me off is that Hudon has not gotten a shake. I think he has it in him to help us out.

Habs should target Karl Alzner for D. I don't think Washington will be re-signing him.

Chevy-Weber
Alzner-Petry
Markov-Benn

I dont think Sergachev will be ready next year

And to be honest Markov had a nice year but I would like to move on.

I get the feeling that as long as he and Pleks are here they will be used as prime players.

Markov was done by game 4 this series, he just made some bad fatigue mistakes that cost us goals.

Chevy-Weber
Alzner-Petry
Markov-Benn

This way if Chevy needs less ice time. Alzner can step up and play with Weber

not paying Alzner Petry type money and term only to turn into another cap mistake and then we can have 16 mil to move with Shaw .

I dont think Sergachev will be ready next year

And to be honest Markov had a nice year but I would like to move on.

I get the feeling that as long as he and Pleks are here they will be used as prime players.

Markov was done by game 4 this series, he just made some bad fatigue mistakes that cost us goals.

I have my 79 move on speech ready . Chevy is ready , play him with 6 and let him go .

Werenski had a fabulous rookie season. McAvoy was thrown to the wolves in the heat of the playoffs and looks like a 25 year old . We are the only team can punishes skill as rooks .

Back