• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Habs News & Notes: 2019 Offseason

Re: Post-Season Thread

If you make Chuck a winger, you need to acquire two top 6 centres before next season.

Bergevin hasn't been able to get 1 in 5 years.

If you make Chuck a winger, you need to acquire two top 6 centres before next season.

Bergevin hasn't been able to get 1 in 5 years.
Are we going to go through his again, as I told u last year with Subban, history will repeat just accept Galchenyuk's gone prior to July 1st

Post-Season Thread

I'm convinced Plan A is to trade Galchenyuk in a package for Duchene AND sign Ships-ahoy & Dadonov...so when that fails I'm curious what plans B thru F are.

Are we going to go through his again, as I told u last year with Subban, history will repeat just accept Galchenyuk's gone prior to July 1st
Doesnt change my point.

Bergevin hasnt acquired a top 6 centre in 5 years. He now has to get us 2 in basically 5 months. We are ****ed

Post-Season Thread

Would Ships have that much of an impact??

If Chucky plays Center you need to find a playmaker to play with him IMO.

hockey30-2017-04-24-a-14.55.49.png

Would Ships have that much of an impact??

If Chucky plays Center you need to find a playmaker to play with him IMO.

He'll be a legit top 6 centre IMO.

A number 1, I don't know... but better than Danault or Plekanec being in the top 6.

Ideal lineup for next year

Max - Shipachyov - Radulov
Lehkonen - Galchenyuk - Gallagher
Byron - Danault - Shaw
Hudon - De la Rose - Mitchell
McCarron, Carr

Markov - Weber (no PK minutes for Markov)
Benn - Petry
Sergachev - veteran D UFA
Davidson

Price
Montoya
I'd put Benn on the third pair, Markov on the second and find a better partner for Weber. If we're talking ideal.

Re: Habs News & Notes: 2016-17 Season

Yeah, that potentially changes the picture. We'd still need a goalie, but getting Seguin would be pretty sweet. Even coming off a "down" year of 26 goals and 72 points...

Don't know why we have to be the only team in this league who craps our pants at the thought of losing their number 1 goalie , like it's the end of the world . You could make that deal and move 67 for 2 good pieces . With 62 emerging and a stop gap goalie like Howard I don't think we fall part like some think .

Jimmy howard. LOL

You get a legit top 9 with Seguin , 27 and 62 developed plus solid assets for il capitano and a resigned Radu we won't need a goalie to stand on his head and spit nickels every night come playoffs . Talbot , Anderson etc.... all made solid contributions with their chance to play and the Leafs on paper have a poor D . A stop gap is all we need there aren't too many shit goalies anymore in this league .

Let's bring back the same wash rinse repeat team and copy and paste the post playoff failure threads or MB making excuses why he can't acquire anyone .

I completely disagree that by MB having his presser, he then can't be fired next week, if Molson hasn't made a decision yet. But I think he gets one more season. He'll be active this summer. Doesn't mean he'll be ultimately successful, however.

You get a legit top 9 with Seguin , 27 and 62 developed plus solid assets for il capitano and a resigned Radu we won't need a goalie to stand on his head and spit nickels every night come playoffs . Talbot , Anderson etc.... all made solid contributions with their chance to play and the Leafs on paper have a poor D . A stop gap is all we need there aren't too many shit goalies anymore in this league .

Let's bring back the same wash rinse repeat team and copy and paste the post playoff failure threads or MB making excuses why he can't acquire anyone .
This. and they are not even close to 'so called elite title' goalies. You can add Gibson with Ducks, Fleury or Murray with Pens and the list goes on and on.

Last edited:

If Price wants to stay, he will. That's the one thing MB said today that was not GM-speak background noise. MB might be a mediocre GM but he's not an idiot.

Back