• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Offseason 2017

You know... Don Cherry used to do a TV show called GrapeVine. Bar room setting, interviewing players. I would love to see a new version of the show with a guy like Roenick just to see if you could get players and ex-players to actually admit some of the unspoken assumptions we fans make.
[video=youtube;sEJi08_nh-k]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sEJi08_nh-k[/video]

I remember it well, even in the earlier years when my dad used to have it on...saturday afternoons, I believe.

Surprised with all of the sports networks and shows that nobody has come up with some incarnation of the show.

If other teams are able to deal with it, surely we can as well. Partying is not unique to Montreal. Plus I think it's way overblown and a poor excuse.
Jets couldn't deal with Kane, whereas Hawks could deal with the other Kane because no one in Chi really cares about the Hawks once the Cubbies, ChiSox, Bears and Bulls start playing or the Hawks season ends.
I'll stick to my position will be interesting to see what Uncle Lou does to manage the young Leafs, if successful that may become the blueprint for the Habs since they no longer are leaders in any capacity but simply followers.

Jets couldn't deal with Kane, whereas Hawks could deal with the other Kane because no one in Chi really cares about the Hawks once the Cubbies, ChiSox, Bears and Bulls start playing or the Hawks season ends.
I'll stick to my position will be interesting to see what Uncle Lou does to manage the young Leafs, if successful that may become the blueprint for the Habs since they no longer are leaders in any capacity but simply followers.
So what you're saying is that the athlete partying is not really the problem but that it's the media instead? It was never a problem with Patrick.Kane not because Chicago doesn't care but because he always brings it on the ice no matter what. Those stories only come out when a player is struggling. If your players are showing up hangover to work, no matter in what city you are, you should do something about it, media or not.

So what you're saying is that the athlete partying is not really the problem but that it's the media instead? It was never a problem with Patrick.Kane not because Chicago doesn't care but because he always brings it on the ice no matter what. Those stories only come out when a player is struggling. If your players are showing up hangover to work, no matter in what city you are, you should do something about it, media or not.
Trust me little to no one in Chi-town cares, I spend a lot of time there, there's only a handful of people who even know who Patrick Kane is in Chicago. As MB himself said once the Hawks play their last game of a season, they move to the back pages & u can walk around town without anyone even noticing you - which is why Stanley came out stomping & charging after the Preds sweep, it's easy for his team to become a completely forgotten entity in no time with MLB, NFL, and NBA taking up all the minds & space of the citizenry.

You're missing my point. I don't think it matters. The Hawks care. But Kane does his partying in the summer then shows up when the games are on and puts up the points. If Kane started showing up to work drunk and hangover, I doubt the Hawks woyld tolerate that, especially if the production drops. No matter what the media coverage is, no org should tolerate their employees showing up to work hangover on a regular basis.

Also everyone I know from Chicago knows who Kane is. But maybe I just attract hockey fans.

You're missing my point. I don't think it matters. The Hawks care. But Kane does his partying in the summer then shows up when the games are on and puts up the points. If Kane started showing up to work drunk and hangover, I doubt the Hawks woyld tolerate that, especially if the production drops. No matter what the media coverage is, no org should tolerate their employees showing up to work hangover on a regular basis.

Also everyone I know from Chicago knows who Kane is. But maybe I just attract hockey fans.

and hot blonds!

Question about the expansion draft

Can a team do a hush hush wink wink deal with a player who will waive his NTC but in the end never gets traded or most likely isnt going to get picked .

This allows you to protect another desired player ?

Question about the expansion draft

Can a team do a hush hush wink wink deal with a player who will waive his NTC but in the end never gets traded or most likely isnt going to get picked .

This allows you to protect another desired player ?

My understanding is that if you have a NTC you HAVE to be protected.

so what happens if a NTC is picked up? they have to do?

PA was okay with that?

so what happens if a NTC is picked up? they have to do?

PA was okay with that?

That was the agreement yes.

Here are the players who must be protected (unless they waive)

Montreal is Jeff Petry and Carey Price.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/official-nhl-expansion-draft-exempt-list-contains-surprises/

Keep in mind the NHL later wittled down this list saying guys like Nathan Horton, David Clarkson and other LTIR guys did not need to be protected.

That was the agreement yes.

Here are the players who must be protected (unless they waive)

Montreal is Jeff Petry and Carey Price.

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/official-nhl-expansion-draft-exempt-list-contains-surprises/

Keep in mind the NHL later wittled down this list saying guys like Nathan Horton, David Clarkson and other LTIR guys did not need to be protected.

Interesting ......what about pending UFA`a like Markov are they exempt since they are free on July 1

Interesting ......what about pending UFA`a like Markov are they exempt since they are free on July 1

Vegas gets a few days before the draft to try and sign UFAs.... whatever UFAs they sign count as their draft pick from that team.

They can still be drafted even if Vegas doesn't sign them, but it would be stupid for Vegas to do so. If they are drafted but don't agree to a contract with Vegas they are still free again on July 1st.

Vegas gets a few days before the draft to try and sign UFAs.... whatever UFAs they sign count as their draft pick from that team.

They can still be drafted even if Vegas doesn't sign them, but it would be stupid for Vegas to do so. If they are drafted but don't agree to a contract with Vegas they are still free again on July 1st.

In Radulov's case, there seems to be a feeling that he has a handshake deal with the Habs already but will still be made available in the draft. Either way the closer he gets to July 1st without signing a deal the real possibility he could go full UFA status.

In Radulov's case, there seems to be a feeling that he has a handshake deal with the Habs already but will still be made available in the draft. Either way the closer he gets to July 1st without signing a deal the real possibility he could go full UFA status.

I think he is joining Ships in LV or the Caps with a ton of cap space coming off their books .

Around the League - Offseason 2017

I think he is joining Ships in LV or the Caps with a ton of cap space coming off their books .
I think a deals done and has been for a long time just awaiting expansion draft to pass. I also think the parameters of a Price deal have been agreed upon and will be finalized quickly July 1st.

Kevin Kurz:
• Report: Sharks, Robinson parting ways after five seasons together.
• Doug Wilson says Larry Robinson leaving Sharks was amicable, and "due to geography."

Kevin Kurz:
• Report: Sharks, Robinson parting ways after five seasons together.
• Doug Wilson says Larry Robinson leaving Sharks was amicable, and "due to geography."

Ha. I know his father very well.

Back