Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718

Thread: Around the League - Offseason 2017

Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: Around the League - Offseason 2017

Quote Originally Posted by Habs4Life View Post
    You know... Don Cherry used to do a TV show called GrapeVine. Bar room setting, interviewing players. I would love to see a new version of the show with a guy like Roenick just to see if you could get players and ex-players to actually admit some of the unspoken assumptions we fans make.
    I remember it well, even in the earlier years when my dad used to have it on...saturday afternoons, I believe.

Post Thanks / Like

Surprised with all of the sports networks and shows that nobody has come up with some incarnation of the show.

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by GrandWazoo View Post
    If other teams are able to deal with it, surely we can as well. Partying is not unique to Montreal. Plus I think it's way overblown and a poor excuse.
    Jets couldn't deal with Kane, whereas Hawks could deal with the other Kane because no one in Chi really cares about the Hawks once the Cubbies, ChiSox, Bears and Bulls start playing or the Hawks season ends.
    I'll stick to my position will be interesting to see what Uncle Lou does to manage the young Leafs, if successful that may become the blueprint for the Habs since they no longer are leaders in any capacity but simply followers.

“We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”

“So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by Sal_Butera View Post
    Jets couldn't deal with Kane, whereas Hawks could deal with the other Kane because no one in Chi really cares about the Hawks once the Cubbies, ChiSox, Bears and Bulls start playing or the Hawks season ends.
    I'll stick to my position will be interesting to see what Uncle Lou does to manage the young Leafs, if successful that may become the blueprint for the Habs since they no longer are leaders in any capacity but simply followers.
    So what you're saying is that the athlete partying is not really the problem but that it's the media instead? It was never a problem with Patrick.Kane not because Chicago doesn't care but because he always brings it on the ice no matter what. Those stories only come out when a player is struggling. If your players are showing up hangover to work, no matter in what city you are, you should do something about it, media or not.

Post Thanks / Like

So what you're saying is that the athlete partying is not really the problem but that it's the media instead? It was never a problem with Patrick.Kane not because Chicago doesn't care but because he always brings it on the ice no matter what. Those stories only come out when a player is struggling. If your players are showing up hangover to work, no matter in what city you are, you should do something about it, media or not.
    Trust me little to no one in Chi-town cares, I spend a lot of time there, there's only a handful of people who even know who Patrick Kane is in Chicago. As MB himself said once the Hawks play their last game of a season, they move to the back pages & u can walk around town without anyone even noticing you - which is why Stanley came out stomping & charging after the Preds sweep, it's easy for his team to become a completely forgotten entity in no time with MLB, NFL, and NBA taking up all the minds & space of the citizenry.

“We haven’t reached the ultimate, of where you walk into the building and you can sort of smell victory. But we’re a step closer to that this year than we were last year.”

“So now the pressure’s on to replicate.”
    - Geoff Molson

Post Thanks / Like

You're missing my point. I don't think it matters. The Hawks care. But Kane does his partying in the summer then shows up when the games are on and puts up the points. If Kane started showing up to work drunk and hangover, I doubt the Hawks woyld tolerate that, especially if the production drops. No matter what the media coverage is, no org should tolerate their employees showing up to work hangover on a regular basis.

Also everyone I know from Chicago knows who Kane is. But maybe I just attract hockey fans.

Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like

You're missing my point. I don't think it matters. The Hawks care. But Kane does his partying in the summer then shows up when the games are on and puts up the points. If Kane started showing up to work drunk and hangover, I doubt the Hawks woyld tolerate that, especially if the production drops. No matter what the media coverage is, no org should tolerate their employees showing up to work hangover on a regular basis.

Also everyone I know from Chicago knows who Kane is. But maybe I just attract hockey fans.
    and hot blonds!
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 8161718