• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Around the League - Offseason 2018

Rumor this AM has NJD as 3rd team to help facilitate Karlsson deal. First NYR rumored now NJD, wonder if both TBay & Sens don’t want a team from within the division, if accurate.

Re: Around the League - Offseason 2018

Rumor this AM has NJD as 3rd team to help facilitate Karlsson deal. First NYR rumored now NJD, wonder if both TBay & Sens don’t want a team from within the division, if accurate.

Maybe... but that seems stupid. "We don't want to pawn our crap off in the division."

Alex Burrows has announced his retirement... and has become an assistant coach with our AHL team.

Brace yourself...he’ll likely land Sergachev..

Would be smart by Stevie Y
Sell high on a young dman that was very sheltered

I bet the sens are dumb enough to go for it as the main/only piece

I wouldn't credit Dorion too much with the return he gets for Karlsson.

We're talking about one of the best players in the league, any bobo can get a good return

i bet we get more for max than dorion gets for hot karl

CapFriendly
@CapFriendly
With the #RedWings signing Anthony Mantha to a 2 year/$3.3M AAV contract, we now show the club with roughly $2.827M in projected cap space based on a tentative 20 man roster (12F/6D/2G)

RFA's unsigned (2 total):

F Dylan Larkin
F Matt Puempelhttps://www.capfriendly.com/teams/redwings
16:00 - 11 juil. 2018
Habs have potential of helping cap strapped Wings by offering to take up a contract along with a pick/prospect..

Here's the trade:

To Coyotes: Marian Hossa's contract, Vinnie Hinostroza, Jordan Oesterle and a 2019 third-rounder.
To Blackhawks: Marcus Kruger, MacKenzie Entwhistle, Jordan Maletta, Andrew Campbell and a 2019 fifth-rounder.

Here's the trade:

To Coyotes: Marian Hossa's contract, Vinnie Hinostroza, Jordan Oesterle and a 2019 third-rounder.
To Blackhawks: Marcus Kruger, MacKenzie Entwhistle, Jordan Maletta, Andrew Campbell and a 2019 fifth-rounder.

I miss the old hockey trades. I don't know what this mess is, but its obviously not a hockey trade. Accountants trade, I guess. Maybe the league needs to look at this stuff, but they probably don't want to have to arbitrate every deal of this nature to see if its an accounting exercise or a genuine hockey deal. A lot of players' lives affected, but looks like just a bunch of smoke and mirrors.

I miss the old hockey trades. I don't know what this mess is, but its obviously not a hockey trade. Accountants trade, I guess. Maybe the league needs to look at this stuff, but they probably don't want to have to arbitrate every deal of this nature to see if its an accounting exercise or a genuine hockey deal. A lot of players' lives affected, but looks like just a bunch of smoke and mirrors.

Very valid, you know it's not a hockey trade when one of the players involved will never play another game

Very valid, you know it's not a hockey trade when one of the players involved will never play another game

In 2011 when Atlanta moved to Winnipeg, Bettman basically told the fans support the team or else. Yet he has no problem with a team in a market that isn't viable helping others skirt the rules of the salary cap by allowing them to take on bogus contracts to meet the cap floor. A commissioner with integrity would not allow that to happen.

Back