• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Around the League - Offseason 2018

But certainly more than Max who's in the same boat
CBJ is in win now mode for survival of their franchise. I’m banking on them being confident that:

A) they know they can extend Max while saving cap space this season for other additions

AND

B) they’re fairly confident the Habs can’t extend Panarin, so no egg on their face.

Also, not sure there’s a team out there that can provide a win now contributor (with a 5-year track record) like Max along with cap savings for this season.

Re: Around the League - Offseason 2018

CBJ is in win now mode for survival of their franchise. I’m banking on them being confident that:

A) they know they can extend Max while saving cap space this season for other additions

AND

B) they’re fairly confident the Habs can’t extend Panarin, so no egg on their face.

Also, not sure there’s a team out there that can provide a win now contributor (with a 5-year track record) like Max along with cap savings for this season.

I agree. Max gives them a proven scorer that can be inserted on their top line with little drop off.

But Max is nowhere as good as Panarin. If they want assets on a UFA to be, I doubt they're looking to replace him by another one.

But Max is nowhere as good as Panarin. If they want assets on a UFA to be, I doubt they're looking to replace him by another one.

Disagree. He’s 10 points less but you don’t know how he’ll do with different line mates. “Nowhere close” is a stretch. There’s a deal to be made there.

Around the League - Offseason 2018

Max has never had a legit 1C like PLD seems to be or Wennberg (assuming a sophomore slump) nor does he have a Werenski on the back end like he used to with Subban since his game is built on the stretch pass / scoring on the rush. 10-pts differential doesn’t seem like much to me under those circumstances

panarin also has 15 points in 17 playoff games....just sayin

Disagree. He’s 10 points less but you don’t know how he’ll do with different line mates. “Nowhere close” is a stretch. There’s a deal to be made there.

Hum, Panarin had 45 more points than Pacioretty last year. Max never had a 70+ points season. Panarin never had a season of less than 74.

Max is good but he's a streaky goal scorer. Panarin can both score and set up people.

Teammates difference is true, but it doesn't change the fact that Panarin is much better.

With the way we've been purging Russians I bet we don't even inquire about Panarin.

I'd trade Max and a 2nd for him PLUS a conditional 2019 2nd based on Panarin resigning with us.

With the way we've been purging Russians I bet we don't even inquire about Panarin.

I'd trade Max and a 2nd for him PLUS a conditional 2019 2nd based on Panarin resigning with us.

If Columbus makes that trade they would need a guarantee Max would re-sign with them or else better off keeping the better forward in Panarin for this year.

Throwing in a 2nd rounder isn't doing anything for the short term for Columbus.

I see Nashville as more in need of Max's goals.....

Send us Subban back (i'm sure Nashville would love to unload Subban's contract)

Chris Johnston:
This could change right up until Friday night on the draft floor, but I'm told the Sens are still planning to make a pick at No. 4. Would mean their first-rounder next year is transferred to Colorado to complete the Duchene deal.

^ This is bound to backfire.

Chris Johnston:
This could change right up until Friday night on the draft floor, but I'm told the Sens are still planning to make a pick at No. 4. Would mean their first-rounder next year is transferred to Colorado to complete the Duchene deal.

^ This is bound to backfire.

Wow! How could Pierre Dorion live a whole year with the stress that he may lose out on Hughes.

Sens are a complete mess on and off the ice

Back