• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Playoffs 2018

Evan Sporer
@ev_sporer
Friendly reminder that Vegas has $24.8M in cap this offseason and a combined 8 picks in the first 2 rounds the next 3 years.
18:56 - 20 mai 2018

I don't think Hellenbuyck is to blame for their elimination. It's their offense who couldn't get it done.

That's like blaming Price for our elimination last year. He could have been better on some goals, he also had no chance on many, but the goalie can't score goals himself.

You need to me better than the other guy.
Simple. He wasn't.

But yes, it was the vaunted offense that lost it for them. Or maybe it wasn't that good.

Oh yeah, MAF has been the better goalie these playoffs. But the best goalie doesn't always win. Also one goalie will always be better than the other, but that doesn't mean the other goalie is to blame. It's not like MAF stole the series.

I don't think Hellenbuyck is to blame for their elimination. It's their offense who couldn't get it done.

That's like blaming Price for our elimination last year. He could have been better on some goals, he also had no chance on many, but the goalie can't score goals himself.

Vegas was better in all three phases of the game, but if Fleury plays at Hellebuyck's level, I think the series is still going on.

Vegas was better in all three phases of the game, but if Fleury plays at Hellebuyck's level, I think the series is still going on.
If both goalies played at Hellenbuyck's level, it's probably 3-2 Vegas right now. So yeah, I agree.

Evan Sporer
@ev_sporer
Friendly reminder that Vegas has $24.8M in cap this offseason and a combined 8 picks in the first 2 rounds the next 3 years.
18:56 - 20 mai 2018

Tavares is going to look nice in a Vegas jersey.

Karlsson too.

Oh yeah, MAF has been the better goalie these playoffs. But the best goalie doesn't always win. Also one goalie will always be better than the other, but that doesn't mean the other goalie is to blame. It's not like MAF stole the series.

And yet, MAF will wins the MVP if Vegas wins the cup. He has been more than good for them.

Hunter becomes Isles next GM IMO if not Dean Lombardi and Jr should get off his ass and hire Hunter

If MH is looking for a GM gig , how can we ever hire him . He would be awesome as our Player Personal Director/ Director of Amatuer scouting but he has that with the Leafs .

Around the League - Playoffs 2018

If MH is looking for a GM gig , how can we ever hire him . He would be awesome as our Player Personal Director/ Director of Amatuer scouting but he has that with the Leafs .
Simple replace TTs AGM role with Hunter & give him all amateur scouting & development powers - it would be a step up (promo) from his current role. #corporateoptics

Also with Fenton taking over Wild, now’s the time to quickly poach Blair Mackasey as head of pro scouting.

Back