• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Playoffs 2018

Sergachev....WOW...

How do you trade a stud like that for a winger ?

Sergachev....WOW...

How do you trade a stud like that for a winger ?

Center. He's a center, remember? A. Center.

Maybe if I force myself to repeat it over & over it'll become more true, or something.

Center. He's a center, remember? A. Center.

Maybe if I force myself to repeat it over & over it'll become more true, or something.

Anyone can be a center. Take a player, place them between two wingers and have them take faceoffs. So Drouin is a center. He's just a really shitty one.

Credit to our scouts on grabbing him at number 9.

It's 3 times now that Timmins takes the best dmen in his draft year, and immediately after picking him, tells the media he got the best dmen.

At the time, he told everyone that he was chocked that McDonaugh fell to us......he told everyone that Subban, if taught the defensive end of the game, would be the best dmen in his class....and he told everyone Sergachev was better than the dmen taken before him.

Scouts don't go out of their way to say that about a player.......like Timmins never said Galchenyuk was better than Yakupov-Murray......he never said that Price was better than Pouliot-Johnson-Ryan.....he never said he was surprised Beaulieu fell to us....

Outside of reaching for Fischer, Timmins seems to be good at finding dmen/goalies

And besides, I remember seeing Fischer the summer camp after he was drafted....he was head and shoulders better and more agile than eveyrone else....such a smooth skater, with good hands. He just never accepted to leave US College and go to CHL to develop (like Habs repeatedly asked him to do).....he was comfy where he was, and that doomed him. Not everyone can develop in US like Toews, Kessel, Poehling.....some need to be brought over to CHL

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/h...port/wcm/ef5e85b8-2811-4b72-9042-41e843b3b3c9

CRAZY! I wonder who the said player is?

“To the point where his general manager told me — (his) junior general manager told me — that they’ve had him go to counselling over it, because he’ll play until all hours of the night and into the morning, and then he’ll have no energy the next day.

“He’ll be a write-off. And it is that bad. He has this compulsion for playing video games until all hours. I swore … that I wouldn’t say the player’s name. But it’s unfortunate.”

Marek, who noted the information is at least six months old, maybe a year old, said the player in question is a “recent first-round draft pick for a very, very prominent NHL team.”

“It’s a terrible story because this guy’s a good junior hockey player,” Marek added, talking to colleague Elliotte Friedman. “This guy’s a good player and was a high (NHL) pick. And I’m probably even saying too much right there, but there’s a good chance he’s not going to make it to the NHL and his (junior) general manager said, ‘Yeah, video game addiction’s bad. It’s bad with this kid.’ “

Sounds like Zachary Senyshyn to me, but I'm only guessing.

Bob McKenzie
[emoji818]
@TSNBobMcKenzie
Not a done deal, but Boston University head coach David Quinn appears to be fairly well down the road in the process to be the next head coach of the NYR.
19:41 - 18 mai 2018

I'm surprised the choking dog hasn't remembered that he's a choking dog yet.

But then again, when there's no pressure on you, playing's a lot easier.

This whole Vegas thing ,no matter how one rationalizes it, is simply unfathomable. Too absurd to even qualify as a work of fiction....and they may be pulling away from the pack.

Anyone left to fire in Florida over the call on Marchesnault and Smith? Or a bunch of other teams who had these same two players and others(Karlsson,Tuch,etc), for that matter.Somehow though, I get the feeling Vegas would have done as well with a bunch of other rejects. It may be more of a systems thing Gallant has going, along with Fleury.Truly unbelievable. And the fact 28+ other teams couldn't make it work with established rosters.

If they buy into Gallant’s system. Adding superstars doesn’t necessarily make a team better. Vegas hustles hard and plays solidly in all 3 zones. They play as a unit. Add a superstar and some teammates may just expect that player to do it all.

And I'll just bow out and let people imagine whatever they want to imagine at this point, but it's telling

Nashville lost to Winnipeg. Talk about how they are a flawed team.

Pittsburgh lost to Washington. No talk about how they are a flawed team

San Jose lost to Vegas. No talk about how they are a flawed team.

Bruins lost to Tampa. No talk about how they are a flawed team.

Toronto lost to Bruins. Quite a bit of talk about how they are a flawed team

New Jersey lost to Tampa. No talk about how they are a flawed team.

Colorado lost to Nashville. No talk about how they are a flawed team.

LA lost to Vegas. No talk about how they are a flawed team.

Philly lost to Pittsburgh. No talk about how they are a flawed team.

Columbus lost to Washington. A bit of talk about how they choked, no talk about how they are a flawed team.

Anaheim lost to San Jose. No talk about how they are a flawed team.

Minnesota lost to Winnipeg. No talk about how they are a flawed team.

It seems that the flawed teams are the ones with Leaf players on it or PK Subban playing for them.

Tells me all I need to know.

Cant wait to see all the posts about how the jets are a poorly constructed team, flawed and will never win a cup without a better offense.

Back