• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Playoffs 2018

Plekanec with more ice time than Matthews......

I guess Therrien-Julien were on to something.....

I think AM was ahead until the last 7-8 mins when Leafs were protecting the lead.

He was great tonight.

I mean, at no point was he ever a threat to score. But the Bergeron line couldn't get anything going against him whenever he was on the ice with them. Which on its own seems like a Christmas miracle after the first two games.

I was also pleasantly surprised at how hard he went after them physically.

and they still missed the playoffs like we did, and they have one playoff appearance since 2006 despite all the high draft picks.

Take those players all you want, they still failed just like us.

That would end the whining about the Habs needing a number 1 centre and number 2 centre.

He was great tonight.

I mean, at no point was he ever a threat to score. But the Bergeron line couldn't get anything going against him whenever he was on the ice with them. Which on its own seems like a Christmas miracle after the first two games.

Yes, you wrap it up nicely. Maybe he just needed more ice time, which is what he was used to here. Unfortunately, he isn't good enough anymore over the longer haul to get big ice time on a regular basis and needs to adjust to being effective when seeing less ice. Nice to see a good game from him, he was a pretty decent player for a long time, used properly. And of course we had idiots in Montreal the last few years who tried to create an unsuitable role for him.

Last edited:

He can still be an effective shut down centre. Of course you're never going to completely stop the Bergeron line... but if you can limit them it's a success.

He was great tonight.

Fancy stats people will say he got beat in every metric last night by that line.

That Bergeron line maybe didn't produce but they did dominate them.

Fancy stats people will say he got beat in every metric last night by that line.

That Bergeron line maybe didn't produce but they did dominate them.

All that matters is the score ...didnt we win the Corsi war this year most nights ?

All that matters is the score ...didnt we win the Corsi war this year most nights ?

You're preaching to the choir...I put some merit in advanced stats but not to the degree some do.

And I believe the last couple of times we got beat in the palyoffs we also dominated the advanced stats:rolleyes(2):

You're preaching to the choir...I put some merit in advanced stats but not to the degree some do.

And I believe the last couple of times we got beat in the palyoffs we also dominated the advanced stats:rolleyes(2):

Unfortunately averaging 1.5 goals a game requires a .960 SV% to win

I blame 31 for not having 4 shutouts

Around the League - Playoffs 2018

We didn't do well in Corsi.
Define not doing well?

Habs were tied with Leafs & Ana for 49.2 CF% 2/10ths of a point behind TBay & CBJ for this past season.

Wings had the best CF% in the league at 53.2% followed by Hawks & Kings at 52.5%. Winter-peg had amongst the leagues worst CF% at 48.9%

Back