• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Playoffs 2018

Laval?

All kidding aside, I think he would be a bit of a disaster with the big team. I would like him to be part of the org as it would be entertaining

It certainly could be a disaster, but I think he would be a good GM. Maybe that's just wishful thinking though.

People were predicting Roy would be a disaster when he was mentioned as an alternative when Bergevin was hired. In hindsight, what could he have done to make it worse than that tuned out I wonder....

Around the League - Playoffs 2018

Maybe it’s time to join the 21st century and stop hiring high school dropouts & illiterate buffoons, just saying.

There used to be a time when someone started in the mailroom and could actually work their way to President those days are long gone, yet the Habs still follow that line of thinking..

were you not the one going on about chiapets education?

aka one of the few GMs worse than MB

just sayin

were you not the one going on about chiapets education?

aka one of the few GMs worse than MB

just sayin
Chia-pet like Lombardi like Uncle Lou (all educated & Cup winners) were better served prior to the league transforming into a ballet recital. Poile, Shero, Jarmo K etc. all are educated and having considerable success.

Now there’s a future generation of GMs who are all educated and playing major factors in their teams success, Brisebois, Fenton etc..

Last edited:

Chia-pet like Lombardi like Uncle Lou (all educated & Cup winners) were better served prior to the league transforming into a ballet recital. Poile, Shero, Jarmo K etc. all are educated and having considerable success.

Now there’s a future generation of GMs who are all educated and playing major factors in their teams success, Brisebois, Fenton etc..

Bergevin had far more success so far than Jarmo. Just saying. The Jackets won a total of 3 playoff games so far under him.

I don't think much of Jarno Kekkolainen as a GM. Might be one of the most connected hockey men in Finland, but he's a scout.

I've come around to the opinion that you need to have a manager to be the head of the organization who is able to surround himself by quality hockey people to do the hockey stuff.

I don't quite understand why someone who has no experience in any management-related work, but made his butter in hockey-related work, needs to be the manager.

Julien Brisebois seems like the most likely candidate to be the next GM.

Chuck Fletcher hasn't done too well either as an Harvard graduate.
The question I suppose to be asked is which GM has been consistent lights out for a 5-10 year stretch since Holland from the free spending Wings pre-2004 lockout?

All that would qualify as top GMs today have had their ups & downs. Or as CH would say there’s no hoodie to be found amongst the masses.

Not watching the game ..but are both goalies crapping their pants in Bawston?

Back