• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Playoffs 2018

A regular question and yet I've never really seen a playoff team be seller at the deadline. Maybe unload a minor piece but never an important player. Well the Blues did this year, and they missed the playoffs. Most teams still value making the playoffs and like to think that if maybe things go right they might have a chance.

They did last year as well when they traded Shattenkirk, but they made the playoffs.

I give the Blues credit. They understood they didn't have a shot at winning the Cup and didn't bother going for it, getting assets instead.

I just wonder if St. Louis & Philthydelphia are going to wake up one day and realize they're never, ever going to have a chance to win if Brian Elliott, Jake Allen or Michal Neuvirth are your starting goalies.

(Hey, we have a goalie we could send 'em...)

Fair point, they went for it one year with Miller but failed.

I would give them credit too but so far they have nothing to show for.

They did last year as well when they traded Shattenkirk, but they made the playoffs.

I give the Blues credit. They understood they didn't have a shot at winning the Cup and didn't bother going for it, getting assets instead.

I just wonder if St. Louis & Philthydelphia are going to wake up one day and realize they're never, ever going to have a chance to win if Brian Elliott, Jake Allen or Michal Neuvirth are your starting goalies.

(Hey, we have a goalie we could send 'em...)

Flyers have Carter Hart in their system.

If he doesn’t come as advertised, goaltending in Philly is never a given...Flyers are in big trouble.

Their far from in big trouble. Tons of talent on that team and there is no way you fully blame goaltending on this loss .

Voracek , Giroux and Simmonds ..... = 1 total playoff goal

Too bad the Bruins won. Hopefully they lose against Tampa.

Losing game 7 while leading after 2 periods is the most Leaf way to lose series ever.

5-0 Vegas.

VEGAS! Expansion team VEGAS!

Smallest team in the league, VEGAS!

Last edited:
Back