• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Playoffs 2018

That's a bit my issue with this org, they simply haven't drafted enough centers over the years to try to solve this huge gap. Why draft a stay at home D when there is a center with upside still available?

That's a bit my issue with this org, they simply haven't drafted enough centers over the years to try to solve this huge gap. Why draft a stay at home D when there is a center with upside still available?

Yep. And moreover, their most offensive centre in recent memory was the undersized, undrafted DD. You'd think they'd take that gamble again with a guy like Marchessault. Nope.

Patrick Quinn
@PatrickQuinnTV
BREAKING: Date is set. NHL Board of Governors will meet June 20 in Las Vegas, per league source. That’s when the #NHL is expected to give conditional approval of an expansion team in #Seattle. #komonews
14:42 - 22 mai 2018 · Seattle, WA

Patrick Quinn
@PatrickQuinnTV
BREAKING: Date is set. NHL Board of Governors will meet June 20 in Las Vegas, per league source. That’s when the #NHL is expected to give conditional approval of an expansion team in #Seattle. #komonews
14:42 - 22 mai 2018 · Seattle, WA

And so ends the Vegas dynasty.

They just need to trade Pavelski and they'll have the space required. Trading him shouldn't be all that difficult.

It would be really easy even, only one year left at 6M on his contract in a center starved league. I wonder what team would be interested?

Oh, it would definitely be exactly in our style to acquire a pending UFA who's about to be past his prime. I wouldn't put it past The Charlatan for a second.

Around the League - Playoffs 2018

another step to pussify the league?
NHL has converged into the NCAA speed / skill pond hockey game. Who better understands NCAA hockey than successful college coaches and former pro’s turned coaches who grew up being cultivated in the NCAA / US prep hockey system.

NHL has converged into the NCAA speed / skill pond hockey game. Who better understands NCAA hockey than successful college coaches and former pro’s turned coaches who grew up being cultivated in the NCAA / US prep hockey system.

I don't know, I have no numbers to back this up but just seems like the CHL still churns out the better prospects.

But this years three Calder nominees are from the NCAA

It's a valid debate

I guess Trotz gets to hang around Washington a bit longer. I think he was a goner if he had another bad playoffs.

Hopefully the Caps and Ovechkin win the Cup.

Golden Knights winning would be a joke ... :couch

Back