• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Playoffs 2018

Rumours have it Lou already met Tavares in Mississauga last week. I assume for non-business purposes :)

:lol

He's the only one legitimately allowed to meet with him, until the end of June that is.

:lol

He's the only one legitimately allowed to meet with him, until the end of June that is.

Here is the article from the Toronto Star suggesting Lou could be in trouble. I doubt it though, Lou knows how to cover his ass using legalities better than anyone.

Interesting that the article quotes Hockey30...LOL. Little do they know how crass that site is.

https://www.thestar.com/sports/leaf...o-move-from-leafs-to-islanders-done-deal.html

Elliotte Friedman
[emoji818]
@FriedgeHNIC
On Lamoriello/NYI/Tavares contact, I’m told that in the eyes of the NHL, there are no issues with the process.
17:56 - 21 mai 2018

Vegas sitting back & waiting for Eastern Conference opposition to endure game 7 wear & tear.

Barring a Fleury collapse, Vegas will take it fairly easily.
8c67373dede2b189f2e2fc997e8222ff.jpg

Elliotte Friedman:
Also expecting some clarity on Mark Hunter’s situation in the next few days. Hunter is not at the Memorial Cup...fueling the belief he will be leaving the Maple Leafs.

And there it is...

Leafs PR:
The Leafs announced today that the club and Assistant General Manager Mark Hunter have mutually agreed to part ways, effective immediately.

Bob McKenzie:
Expectation is that while Mark Hunter is departing TOR, because he has time remaining on his contract, one of the conditions of his departure is that he will not be permitted to work for another team until after 2018 draft and free agency period. Which is to suggest he won’t necessarily be restricted from working for another team for the remaining year of his TOR contract, but it will be later in the summer before he would be permitted to do so.

Lou Lamoriello has officially been named President of Hockey Operations of the Islanders.

I dont know what Lou can promise Tavares though...maybe a NHL caliber starting goalie?

Exactly what I was thinking.

They are nicely set up at the draft with 2 pretty early picks in round one.

They'll also build around Barzal

This organization is better suited to do a rebuild rather than sign Tavares

Eric Engels

Don't expect Mark Hunter to land in Montreal. Told it's highly doubtful. I'm sure speculation will ramp up with announcement he and Leafs have parted ways.

Can’t believe Habs desperate for a C missed Brayden Point..

In their trade with Tampa or in the draft?

There were concerns about him in Junior. Small player with skill but not everyone was convinced his game would translate to the NHL. Getting picked in the third round was +/- where he was projected to go.

And Tampa Bay wasn't trading him. He's the direct reason Drouin got traded. Drouin was outplayed by a superior player - on both ends of the ice - who doesn't have attitude issues and Point passed him on the depth chart. Tampa was never going to trade Point.

Around the League - Playoffs 2018

In their trade with Tampa or in the draft?
At the 2014 draft - Lernout instead of Point. I guess they were still in their Douglas Murray, George Parros phase...

There were concerns about him in Junior. Small player with skill but not everyone was convinced his game would translate to the NHL. Getting picked in the third round was +/- where he was projected to go.
I recall Point being mentioned as possible late 1st rounder just prior to the start of his draft year in juniors.

Last edited:
Back