• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Playoffs 2018

Best team won. Winnipeg was nothing special during this series. Not sure where that famed offense went.

Best team won. Winnipeg was nothing special during this series. Not sure where that famed offense went.

Its the playoffs, usually the team with the best goaltending wins the series and Fleury was alot better than hellybuck

Wow, was I wrong, I predicted a Pittsburgh and Winnipeg final....none of my picks made it.....and now that no Canadian team is left, my hockey season comes to an end!!

Why ridiculous? Hockey is a wonderful sport. Best teams are not necessarily made of the best players.

Why ridiculous? Hockey is a wonderful sport. Best teams are not necessarily made of the best players.

He's right that this league is a joke.

Vegas is proof of that.

Idiot GMs all over the league gifted the Knights this team.

Some GMs are idiots yes. But remember that all they got from us was Emelin. Expansion rules were fair and square, some GMs are dumber than rocks.

Some GMs are idiots yes. But remember that all they got from us was Emelin. Expansion rules were fair and square, some GMs are dumber than rocks.

By the league is a joke I didn't mean the expansion rules. I meant the brain trusts in most of the organizations.

Including the predators. Jarnkrok as a 4th line center was not worth a second line winger in Neal.

It was both. The draft was super generous and the GMs were dinosaur morons.

Kudos to the Vegas management and coaching team, but this is a farce.

I think the rules were fair, some GMs made some big mistakes and Vegas capitalized.

Those players were available to all the teams in the league. MB could have had Marchessault and Karlsson for cheap with a bit of flair. Or traded for Theodore and protect him instead of Jamie Benn.

By the league is a joke I didn't mean the expansion rules. I meant the brain trusts in most of the organizations.

Including the predators. Jarnkrok as a 4th line center was not worth a second line winger in Neal.
Yes

Best team won. Winnipeg was nothing special during this series. Not sure where that famed offense went .
the offense wasn't as good as people here said it was. Simple.

As I analyzed in the wake of the preds series, the predators matched Winnipeg all series long on offense, and people went on about flair, and how dynamic the jets were, but the hard numbers said that the preds matched Winnipeg offensively until game 7.

And people said that nashville didn't have the offensive punch to win, not knowing they were condeming winning as they were saying it.

Now the numbers in this series shows the whole story. 10 goals in 5 playoff games, habs level ineptitude.

No secondary scoring, they were a one line club for the nashville series and managed to make it through due to rinne being a sieve, and las Vegas managed to do the same and won with ease.

They were slow. The knights were much faster than the jets, and it showed, and the jets couldn't contain them.

Their goaltender was shit.

And finally, once they fell behind, they couldn't score. The jets shut them down. So much for that dynamic offense. I think the hockey world just realized that the jets have no clothes.

Its the playoffs, usually the team with the best goaltending wins the series and Fleury was alot better than hellybuck

Sometimes the best goalie wins. Fleury was better than Hbuck. Hbuc > Rinne. Holtby sucking vs the Bolts.

I don't think Hellenbuyck is to blame for their elimination. It's their offense who couldn't get it done.

That's like blaming Price for our elimination last year. He could have been better on some goals, he also had no chance on many, but the goalie can't score goals himself.

Elliotte Friedman
[emoji818]
@FriedgeHNIC
There is word tonight that MIN is preparing to name Paul Fenton its new GM. Not sure of timetable for announcement, though.
19:15 - 20 mai 2018

Back