• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Playoffs 2018

Bruins don’t have Bergeron and Reilly Nash steps in at center and does a very nice job.

That's a productive bottom six guy who makes 900K. More points than Shaw for $3M less.

Things not looking good in Toronto. They may need a rebuild.

Bit early to judge isn't it? Their top guys are young and only getting better. They are still on their ELCs for goodness sake

Their window is still very much open. They need a defense though.

Ouch-

@jonassiegel

Babcock on Auston Matthews: "I'm assuming that he thought he was going to come tonight and dominate the game; that's what I thought. I thought the same with Willy. That didn't happen."

Ouch-

@jonassiegel

Babcock on Auston Matthews: "I'm assuming that he thought he was going to come tonight and dominate the game; that's what I thought. I thought the same with Willy. That didn't happen."

The only way the Laffs were ever going to win this series was Freddie standing on his head and spitting nickels .

They don't have enough push to knock of Boston.

D is too weak but they have plenty of time to fix their issues with 3 kids 22 and under leading the way

The only way the Laffs were ever going to win this series was Freddie standing on his head and spitting nickels .

They don't have enough push to knock of Boston.

D is too weak but they have plenty of time to fix their issues with 3 kids 22 and under leading the way

I thought they held their own against Boston in the regular season. But I guess some of their young kids are not ready for the big show in the playoffs.

I thought they held their own against Boston in the regular season. But I guess some of their young kids are not ready for the big show in the playoffs.

Hard to predict who shows up when the big show starts .

Ouch-

@jonassiegel

William Nylander is a talented player but counting on him to be a go to guy like Babcock expects may not seem realistic.

Auston Mathews on the other hand is a beast and can take a team on his shoulders so this will probably be a good learning experience as to what it takes to lead a team in the playoffs.

Their defense is atrocious.

Morgan Rielly is a very good dman.

But You are not going deep in the playoffs if your 2 and 3 are Gardiner and Zaitsev.

Zaitsev still doesn't know how to play a 2 on 1 as Don Cherry clearly pointed out after the game and Gardiner still has trouble making intelligent decisions

This is this groups second playoffs. How many more do they get to use the "young" excuse for?

If the Leafs get bounced in the 1st round next season I don't think they get to use that excuse anymore.

really ?......i'll assume you are joking.....everyone knows who Embid is....they often show his highlights and off-court trash talk on TSN-Sportsnet-ESPN....hard to not have hear of him, unless you're in your nuclear bunker half of the time ?

Not joking at all.

I do not watch sports highlights on the TV.

Same. I already know the scores of the games I want to know the score of.

Don't need to sit in front of the idiot box for anything extra like sports highlights.

Not joking at all.

I do not watch sports highlights on the TV.

And if I do, its not going to be for ****ing basketball.

If these guys were marketed so well, I would hear about them outside a basketball setting. Lebron is one of the GOAT, he's in movies, outspoken and huge on social media. People outside of basketball know of him.

Same way you ask the average Canadian who Sidney Crosby is and you get the answer hockey player even if that person doesn't follow hockey that much.

This is this groups second playoffs. How many more do they get to use the "young" excuse for?

If the Leafs get bounced in the 1st round next season I don't think they get to use that excuse anymore.

They arent perfect but still young enough with a solid cap and assets to help fix their needs .

I trust Lou and company to make the adjustments better than our clowns in charge.

Back