• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Playoffs 2018

Their big 3 are going to cost them close to 30 mill. Adding those good ELC contracts, those guys will need raises too.

Of course they're in great shape, but I disagree that they have a 5 to 7 year window. No team has that long. Windows are closer to 3 to 4 year. Especially when they're going to need massive upgrades on D, plus losing guys like JVR because they can't afford him

Their core will be locked up in 40 mil range and are young , skilled and none will have any trade clauses hindering them, there is no problem .

31,6, 67, and JT are a major problem on your cap moving forward not Toronto`s situation .

How can they not have a 5 year window with that framework , cmon .

Kings , Hawks etc had that window to work , Leafs do as well .

They may not win a cup but their structure and flexibility is solid for 5 years .

Leafs will be fine but I do wonder what they do to replace Bozak and JVR.

$8-9m to work with there

Leafs will be fine but I do wonder what they do to replace Bozak and JVR.

$8-9m to work with there

They have 2 really good young wingers they need to simply give more ice-time to.
UFAs and trades are not always the answer. Kaps and Johnnson need bigger roles.

They have 2 really good young wingers they need to simply give more ice-time to.

It is rarely that simply. I mean JVR for all his flaws was your leading goal scorer.

They will get more ice time . I would even try to make a pitch for Rick Nash if he can agree on a team friendly 2 year deal

Bozo , as a 3C at a reduced salary and term is ok as well

Replacing JVR`s goals shouldnt be a big problem .

D`s are your targets .

They need more offense from their D for sure, but up front they are an interesting case. They are already a smallish , young, fairly fast group of forwards. And although McGuire said the era of heavy hockey is over, they could use a bit of heavy up front (with combined skill of course).

Heavy hockey players are great... when they also have speed and skill. Heavy players with no speed and talent are the worst.

Gainey was 10 years ahead of his time. When he signed all the little guys in 2009, he was derided for signing Hobbits and midgets.

Back