Page 81 of 91 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast
Results 1,601 to 1,620 of 1812

Thread: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

  1. #1601
    Canadiens & 'News & Views' Moderator TheCountofMonteCristo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    62,639
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by lecoqsportif View Post
    Wasn't that Corks?
    Maybe
    "The next game is the test unless we win" CanadienFan

    Donald Trump, the gift that keeps on giving.

  2. #1602
    Legend Habs-25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    SJ
    Posts
    13,853
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

    Again how people can change teams? Real fans never can do that....

  3. #1603
    Legend Habs-25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    SJ
    Posts
    13,853
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Habs4Life View Post
    ?

    Last 10 seasons:

    OTT:
    Missed Playoffs: 4X
    Lost in 1st RD: 4X
    Conference final: 1X

    MTL:
    Missed Playoffs: 2X
    Lost in 1st RD: 4X
    Conference final: 2X

    The Sens have worse playoff and regular season success in the last decade. They are a middling team that sadly celebrates "Division championships".

    The Habs flame hasn't been bright in Montreal for a while, but success in Montreal is measured in rings, not participant banners.
    They are in much better shape than us regarding to players, depth and prospects. That actually say more about how much our staffs and management suck rather than Sens being a great team or not.

  4. #1604
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    66,430
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Habspatrol View Post
    Nope... as someone who grew up a Habs fan and lived in Winnipeg it never dawned on me to switch teams. It's a total phony pony move.

    If he moves to another city, he'll switch teams again.
    It's okay to switch teams, even if hard to understand, but why then hate the team you switched from. That suggests a psychosis of some sort.

  5. #1605
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Habs-25 View Post
    Again how people can change teams? Real fans never can do that....
    Real fans go watch the habs when they are in town... Oh wait...
    No one loves the warrior until the enemy is at the gate.

    Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    An idiot grunt like habitants should be enraged.

  6. #1606
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    2,800
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Krustchev View Post
    That's fine but why deride the team you grew up cheering for? That's idiotic, no offense.
    Because their fans are so lovable...no offence.

    Sent from my SM-G955W using Tapatalk

  7. #1607
    Wrong Thinker Extraordinaire Habsy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    Forum ICE
    Posts
    143,518
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

    Pot meet kettle
    #FireJulien#FireMarcBergevin Burn Geoff Molson in effigy! #worstmanagementstaffever

  8. #1608
    Legend Habs4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    42,140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Habsy View Post
    Pot meet kettle
    For real. I have been to Boston, Detroit, Philly, live in Toronto, and legit... Sens fans are by far the most ignorant I have come across. They chant derogatory anti-cultural/ethnic garbage. Every game I've ever been to in that toilet bowl I have seen fights. They are so desperate to be relevant trapped between two storied franchises.
    Last edited by Habs4Life; 11-04-2017 at 12:26 PM.

  9. #1609
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Posts
    17,722
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Habs4Life View Post
    For real. I have been to Boston, Detroit, Philly, live in Toronto, and legit... Sens fans are by far the most ignorant I have come across. They chant derogatory anti-cultural/ethnic garbage. Every game I've ever been to in that toilet bowl I have seen fights. They are so desperate to be relevant trapped between to storied franchises.
    Philly fans are nuts as well even in other arenas. I sat with a group of them in Montreal , they were embarrassing and pathetic . Hammered , cursing , no one even attempted to throw them out of the game.

  10. #1610
    Legend
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Posts
    20,487
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

    You like what you like when it comes to sports. It's not a huge deal ether way.

  11. #1611
    Legend
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Posts
    6,054
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

    I can understand switching teams if it kind of creeps up on you over time, bu can't understand making a conscious effort to switch. It comes from a feeling, not from the head...... I found myself cheering for the St.Louis Cardinals as an adult simply because my kid started cheering for them as a young child, on his own ( he liked the bird).Someone moves, goes to a lot of home games,finds himself leaning to that team over time, sure,I'll buy that. But not the guy at work, who ,fed up with the Canadiens a few years ago one day decided to start cheering for the Minnesota Wild, completely randomly. (Didn't take).

    That said, I' sure I could never not be a Canadiens fan even if I wanted to change or moved to a city with an NHL team. Too deep rooted,like trying to change skin color.

  12. #1612
    Legend Deckie007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Centre of the Universe
    Posts
    34,211
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

    Completely acceptable to switch teams if your city gets an expansion team. Changing teams because you're sick of your team losing, nope.

  13. #1613
    Legend Habs4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    42,140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Deckie007 View Post
    Completely acceptable to switch teams if your city gets an expansion team. Changing teams because you're sick of your team losing, nope.
    You don't attach a time frame to that? I certainly do. If you grew up a Fan of team "X" and in your 30's an expansion team arrives in your city and you switch? You were never really a fan IMHO. As bad or worse than leaving when they are losing.

  14. #1614
    Legend Deckie007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Centre of the Universe
    Posts
    34,211
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Habs4Life View Post
    You don't attach a time frame to that? I certainly do. If you grew up a Fan of team "X" and in your 30's an expansion team arrives in your city and you switch? You were never really a fan IMHO. As bad or worse than leaving when they are losing.
    Nah, it's not the same. If you have civic pride and feel connected to your city, you'd probably switch, regardless of your age. Doesn't make you a bad fan.

  15. #1615
    Legend Habs4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    42,140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Deckie007 View Post
    Nah, it's not the same. If you have civic pride and feel connected to your city, you'd probably switch, regardless of your age. Doesn't make you a bad fan.
    So being a fan is strictly geographical? Sorry. Nope. I grew up in Toronto/Scarborough. Never change my stripes.

  16. #1616
    Legend Deckie007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Centre of the Universe
    Posts
    34,211
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Habs4Life View Post
    So being a fan is strictly geographical? Sorry. Nope. I grew up in Toronto/Scarborough. Never change my stripes.
    Not strictly. Sure you've always been a Habs fan, but the Leafs have always been in Toronto. It's not like you grew up somewhere without a team and the NHL expanded to your city. Not saying you'd be obligated to root for the new team, but it would be completely understandable if you did.

  17. #1617
    Legend Altair's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Posts
    9,292
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

    There are people who are fans of a team, like canadiens and leafs fans who absolutely stop watching hockey once their team is out.

    There are also those who are fans of hockey who will watch their team but other teams as well.

    Its the latter who can switch once a new team comes to their hometown.
    No one loves the warrior until the enemy is at the gate.

    Quote Originally Posted by zeke View Post
    An idiot grunt like habitants should be enraged.

  18. #1618
    Legend Habs4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    42,140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Deckie007 View Post
    Not strictly. Sure you've always been a Habs fan, but the Leafs have always been in Toronto. It's not like you grew up somewhere without a team and the NHL expanded to your city. Not saying you'd be obligated to root for the new team, but it would be completely understandable if you did.
    Agree to disagree. Can't see myself switching in ANY situation.

  19. #1619
    Legend Habs4Life's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Posts
    42,140
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Altair View Post
    There are people who are fans of a team, like canadiens and leafs fans who absolutely stop watching hockey once their team is out.

    There are also those who are fans of hockey who will watch their team but other teams as well.

    Its the latter who can switch once a new team comes to their hometown.
    I watch when the Habs are out, and would never switch. Just no rooting interest when Habs are gone... well... I root against certain teams and players

  20. #1620
    Legend Deckie007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Centre of the Universe
    Posts
    34,211
    Post Thanks / Like

    Default Re: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

    Quote Originally Posted by Habs4Life View Post
    Agree to disagree. Can't see myself switching in ANY situation.
    You and I will never be in that situation, so pointless argument me thinks

Page 81 of 91 FirstFirst ... 31717980818283 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •