• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

He's not that slow. Weber is slower than him, so was Markov, and both were much better defensive players.

Both of them are/were first pairing guys. Alzner was never a top pairing guy. I have no issue with him playing on the second pair with Petry but only if we have a true #1 LHD playing with Weber and not on a 5 year deal at big money when he's heading into decline. He was just the wrong guy at the wrong time for the wrong team.

Both of them are/were first pairing guys. Alzner was never a top pairing guy. I have no issue with him playing on the second pair with Petry but only if we have a true #1 LHD playing with Weber and not on a 5 year deal at big money when he's heading into decline. He was just the wrong guy at the wrong time for the wrong team.

Alzner played with Petry most of the season and sucked.

Alzner needs another defensive d-man (i.e NJ) to cover up his mistakes for him.

Alzner talent wise is close to being out of the NHL IMO.

The guy has been taking a regular shift at the NHL level for a decade and you want to distill his career down to what he's done in one season on a crap team where pretty much everyone who wasn't injured played like crap and/or was misused? We need to stop with the tunnel vision regarding this season and accept the fact that it was just one of those years where the worst-case scenario panned out. This is far from the worst Habs team I've watched over the past quarter century and far from the least talented. It is, however, among the most poorly led and poorly managed that I've ever seen.

Unless we get six points in the next eight games, we will end up with the lowest point total since you and I were born which was 70 in 2000-2001 when there were no welfare shootout or 3 on 3 points to pad numbers.

Unless we get six points in the next eight games, we will end up with the lowest point total since you and I were born which was 70 in 2000-2001 when there were no welfare shootout or 3 on 3 points to pad numbers.

I'm pretty sure that this season's edition of the Habs is better than the one which featured such luminaries as Johan Witehall, Christian Laflamme, Eric Landry, Juha Lind, Craig Darby and Patrick Poulin.

I'm pretty sure that this season's edition of the Habs is better than the one which featured such luminaries as Johan Witehall, Christian Laflamme, Eric Landry, Juha Lind, Craig Darby and Patrick Poulin.

The problem is the coaching system/team mentality.

We are probably the only team that keeps hiring coaches that don't fit the players we have on the roster........how about we hire coaches that would play a system that fits our roster ? We had Subban, and tried very hard to turn him into an Alzner

We are probably the only team that keeps hiring coaches that don't fit the players we have on the roster........how about we hire coaches that would play a system that fits our roster ? We had Subban, and tried very hard to turn him into an Alzner

This organization only hires one type of GM who, in turn, hires only one type of coach. Unfortunately for us, that "type" is one who stresses defense-first, risk-averse, punish creativity, chip it off the glass, play it safe, ka-RACK-ter matters more than actual talent kind of hockey.

If this team is ever owned by someone willing to take chances instead of an empty suit, maybe we'll hire a GM who's willing to take a few risks who will, in turn, hire a coach who tries to win instead of just not to lose. But I don't see that happening. This is the culture and the culture has made money through the years. They'll change the names but never the mindset that got us to this point.

actually, it isn't finding a coach to coach what we have, it is having a coach who adapts to the players he has

let's see

Logan Shaw and Byron Froese << Craig Darby and Patrick Poulin

Christian Laflamme was no worse than David Schlemko

Whitehall, Lind and Landry are no worse than McCarron, De La Rose

let's see

Logan Shaw and Byron Froese << Craig Darby and Patrick Poulin

Christian Laflamme was no worse than David Schlemko

Whitehall, Lind and Landry are no worse than McCarron, De La Rose

Your memory has betrayed you.

And NO ONE was or will ever be worse than Laflamme.

That in a nice summary of MBs reign

He's not that slow. Weber is slower than him, so was Markov, and both were much better defensive players.

Yeah, Markov is was pretty awesome for a guy that had become quite slow. It's amazing what high IQ can do for you.

Weirdest own goal ever?

[video]https://www.nhl.com/video/goligoskis-strange-goal/t-294786366/c-59144703[/video]

Can anyone here give me a credible argument that McDavid doesn't deserve the Hart this year?

Back