• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

WeHave is still under the impression that he's been shit with Dallas.

He's under no pressure in Dallas. If he was in Montreal he'd be expected to carry the team like he did last year. I guarantee you that Radulov will not wind up being worth what he's being paid.

He's under no pressure in Dallas. If he was in Montreal he'd be expected to carry the team like he did last year. I guarantee you that Radulov will not wind up being worth what he's being paid.

Moving the goal posts much?

I thought he sucked and wasn't putting up points?

I bet you ask a non NHL following individuals that there are two teams, one the most storied franchise in the league with the most league championships, and another a expansion team made up of the scraps of other teams in its first season in the league, and asked them to guess who had the 12-6-1 record and who had the 8-11-2 you wouldn't get many right answers.

I bet you ask a non NHL following individuals that there are two teams, one the most storied franchise in the league with the most league championships, and another a expansion team made up of the scraps of other teams in its first season in the league, and asked them to guess who had the 12-6-1 record and who had the 8-11-2 you wouldn't get many right answers.

Well let's be honest what Vegas is doing is impressive but for the second part what difference does it make what our history is.

You think Edmonton and Buffalo are in any better situation? I mean these are two organizations that have had the opportunity to build via high draft picks and are still failing.

At least we can say that this has been a long time coming...years and years of teetering in the no mans land of being good enough to make the playoffs but not good enough to contend for a cup has brought us to this.

The Leafs suffered for over a decade before they came to the realization that a rebuild is needed....hopefully this ownership wakes up early enough so that the process can begin earlier than later.

Moving the goal posts much?

I thought he sucked and wasn't putting up points?

The totality of my original point was that Radulov will not live up to the money and term he's been given. He's the kind of player who can turn it on when he's playing for a contract and when things are easy but who will be MIA when he's really needed. Russian prima donna's like him are frustratingly unreliable. That's why you don't see the name "Ovechkin" engraved on the Cup.

The totality of my original point was that Radulov will not live up to the money and term he's been given. He's the kind of player who can turn it on when he's playing for a contract and when things are easy but who will be MIA when he's really needed. Russian prima donna's like him are frustratingly unreliable. That's why you don't see the name "Ovechkin" engraved on the Cup.

His nationality has little to do with it, especially since our captain plays like he's 5'6, 120 pounds and will also doesn't have his name on the cup. Also, last years playoffs, Radulov was a beast and Pacioretty was AWOL. Frustratingly unreliable? Talk about the man with the C on his chest and leave radulov out of the conversation.

His nationality has little to do with it, especially since our captain plays like he's 5'6, 120 pounds and will also doesn't have his name on the cup. Also, last years playoffs, Radulov was a beast and Pacioretty was AWOL. Frustratingly unreliable? Talk about the man with the C on his chest and leave radulov out of the conversation.

My comments on Radulov are in no way a defence of Pacioretty. I'd have traded Max at least a year ago, maybe two.

Well let's be honest what Vegas is doing is impressive but for the second part what difference does it make what our history is.

You think Edmonton and Buffalo are in any better situation? I mean these are two organizations that have had the opportunity to build via high draft picks and are still failing.

At least we can say that this has been a long time coming...years and years of teetering in the no mans land of being good enough to make the playoffs but not good enough to contend for a cup has brought us to this.

The Leafs suffered for over a decade before they came to the realization that a rebuild is needed....hopefully this ownership wakes up early enough so that the process can begin earlier than later.

The Leafs are unique . The fans and corporate will support a church choir on skates for the most part . However the fans and people I know with suites were running out of patience so after a decade attendance wasnt full.

But Shanny and their regime embraced and welcomed a complete tear down. That alone DK is 2/3 of your battle .....getting everyone to buy in on the painful rebuild.

The Leafs are unique . The fans and corporate will support a church choir on skates for the most part . However the fans and people I know with suites were running out of patience so after a decade attendance wasnt full.

But Shanny and their regime embraced and welcomed a complete tear down. That alone DK is 2/3 of your battle .....getting everyone to buy in on the painful rebuild.

Exactly, ownership has to commit, that’s the hatd part, a couple years of no playoff revenue.

I think the fan base for the most part is on board for a rebuild, Over the last two weeks its becoming quite rampant, we’re all fed up of going nowhere

And the Leafs lose at home to the Yotes, decisively.

So did we, and the Leafs didn't blow a 2-0 lead.

So did we, and the Leafs didn't blow a 2-0 lead.

But isnt this the first time the Yotes won by more than one goal?

Anyway, nice to know we gave the Coyotes the confidence boost they were lacking.

The Senators have claimed Gabriel Dumont off waivers from the Lightning.

Dumont must have some connection with Scarface (did he play for him in Hamilton?)

What a great hockey game between Tampa Bay and Chicago last night.
Ended up watching most of it as I just can’t watch Montreal Canadiens hockey anymore.
I’m done with our brand of hockey.

Regarding a previous topic we’ve had, Corey Crawford is a very good goaltender, definitively above average.
Kane and Crawford are the 2 best players on the Blackhawks right now.

Ended up watching a lot of Tampa Bay games this year.
I have a couple of Lightning players in my pool and I’ll probably win this year.
Kucherov in the 2nd round and Point as my last pick were steals.

Anyway this Tampa Bay team is very well constructed.
Talented players with high hockey IQ.
Lots of great set plays.
4rth line with Callahan and Kunitz was great last night.

And what about that young russian defenseman, what a skillset, very exciting to watch.

Last edited:
Back