• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

Ultimately he cost us some important games with his brain-farts but it was entertaining to have him on the team,

Yeah, he’s not having a good season this year.

He’s been healthy scratched a could of times this year

I though Housley would be able to help this guy but guess not

Bruins beat TB

bruins are Two points back of TB

They’ve drafted very well the last few years and have benefited from that this year

Having said that, they had three shots at Barzal in 2015 and ended up with Jakub Zboril, Jake DeBrusk, Zachary Senyshy. They would love to have that back.

Having said that, they had three shots at Barzal in 2015 and ended up with Jakub Zboril, Jake DeBrusk, Zachary Senyshy. They would love to have that back.

They would be the cup favourite if they did not bungle that draft so bad. I've never seen 3 first round picks in a row, and yet they made 3 bad choices. They've also made terrible trades.

Worse than that a trio of Barzal, Chabot, and Colin White sets them up for possible dynasty talk.

They would be the cup favourite if they did not bungle that draft so bad. I've never seen 3 first round picks in a row, and yet they made 3 bad choices. They've also made terrible trades.

Barzal would be in the minors in Boston right now . Zaboril was picked at his right slot . Jake is going to be a solid pro .

ZS was the lets swing for the fences pick but he still has time .

No guarantee anyone could flourish in other systems . I know for sure Barzal would of flopped with us .

Debrusk is going to be good and he’s having a pretty good season.

so with all this talk about multiple first round picks anyone have faith that MB can turn two second rounders into a mid first rounder?

so with all this talk about multiple first round picks anyone have faith that MB can turn two second rounders into a mid first rounder?

no. that trade is impossible. You don't move 15-20 spots down for an extra 2nd rounder.

no. that trade is impossible. You don't move 15-20 spots down for an extra 2nd rounder.

I was thinking two second rounders for a mid first.

Something like ours around 34-35 + Chicagos # 38-40

So you're asking a team to move from 17 all the way to 35, just to pick up the 40th pick? That's a really bad deal given all we know about previous draft trades.

I think it was Friedmann who said that there was a team last year or the year before that had three second round picks (One in the mid-30s, two in the mid-late 50s) and were offering up all three for a late first. Nobody bit.

So you're asking a team to move from 17 all the way to 35, just to pick up the 40th pick? That's a really bad deal given all we know about previous draft trades.

That’s my hope lol

I guess it depends on how deep the draft is and if a team sees value in those seconds

Unless MB can get another first via a max trade

Bottom line we need another first rounder to get some quality prospects in the pipelines

No, but he can turn those two second rounders into another Andrew Shaw-type of "ka-RACK-ter" player who's signed for too long at too much money. He's an expert at that.

Eric Staal 39 goals

What an unbelievable season

Last edited:
Back