• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

Yeah met someone and moved in with her. I've been living Uptown since last summer. On Canada Day I met Mayor Cote and he sermed like a nice guy but I don't follow the local political scene. I can't tell where his sensibilities are. I don't know who he'd run for if he were a federal candidate. I'm not sure I'm clear on where the Progressives are on the sprctrum either.

Sent from my SM-G950W using Tapatalk
Cote and our Council are NDP. Our's is a coalition of the willing.

Chris Johnston:
NHL GMs have been told Seattle’s potential expansion draft would be conducted under the exact same rules as Vegas was, per Bill Daly.

Cap projections remain in the $78-82 million range for next season. It's currently $75 million.

Chris Johnston:
NHL GMs have been told Seattle’s potential expansion draft would be conducted under the exact same rules as Vegas was, per Bill Daly.

And it should be . Gm`s have 3 years to adjust their rosters and not FU like they have.

At least you and I get a Canadiens' gsme in Seattle too.

I don't even go to the one we get here anymore and I doubt that the people running the Seattle team are unaware of the fact that BC is chock-full of Habs and Leafs fans. I expect their ticket pricing for those games to reflect that.

Actually, I think the trend now is for what they call "dynamic pricing" where tickets sell like seats on an airplane. The more supply gets scarce the higher the price of the tickets. So you can end up sitting next to someone who paid half of what you paid simply because there was more supply when they purchased their tickets.

So factor in the food, gas money, maybe a hotel stay, plus tickets and parking, all with a 70 cent dollar.....yeah, no. I'll just watch it on TV, maybe. Y'know, if I'm not busy.

You missed this yr but went last yr.

You are right re pricing. My first class air to Milan in July is 1/2 what some others are paying fir the same pod.

Patrick Sieloff has some of the craziest stats I've ever seen.

AHL d-man for Ottawa. Has played 201 games in the AHL over five different seasons. Has a total of 7 goals with a season high of 2. Even during his time in Midget and Junior levels, his season high was 3.

He's gotten a call-up from Calgary (1 game) and Ottawa (1 game)... and he's scored in both.

I mean, this doesn't make any ****ing sense whatsoever. The odds of that happening are astronomical.

He must have done something in all of those lower levels to warrant advancement to the next. Why would a guy who has only scored 7 times in 5 years of AHL hockey be the one they call up instead of literally anyone else? How does he even keep his AHL job for 5 years with numbers that low? Must be something.

He must have done something in all of those lower levels to warrant advancement to the next. Why would a guy who has only scored 7 times in 5 years of AHL hockey be the one they call up instead of literally anyone else? How does he even keep his AHL job for 5 years with numbers that low? Must be something.

I dunno. Habs signed Alzner long term.
20 goals in 10 years including 9 years with a potent offense.

I dunno. Habs signed Alzner long term.
20 goals in 10 years including 9 years with a potent offense.

Nobody signs Alzner expecting him to produce points. He's there for only one reason: defense. Nothing else.

Back