• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

Just looking back to October. I picked us to finish 7 out of 8 in the division and wanted to be quite wrong. It seemed obvious at the time.......could management be that stupid to think we were really significantly better than that? I also picked Winnipeg to win the west and Vegas to make the playoffs, Edmonton to crap out.....best predictions I've made in years. About the only satisfying thing for me, if you can call such a small pat on my own back satisfying,about the year.And I'm not that smart or tuned in,which makes me wonder again how they could have possibly overrated things in Montreal to the degree they did.

I just can't watch our games any more. Just a few minutes here and there since Xmas. Has never happened to me since 1962.

Last edited:

Just looking back to October. I picked us to finish 7 out of 8 in the division and wanted to be quite wrong. It seemed obvious at the time.......could management be that stupid to think we were really significantly better than that? I also picked Winnipeg to win the west and Vegas to make the playoffs, Edmonton to crap out.....best predictions I've made in years. About the only satisfying thing for me, if you can call such a small pat on my own back satisfying,about the year.And I'm not that smart or tuned in,which makes me wonder again how they could have possibly overrated things in Montreal to the degree they did.

I just can't watch our games any more. Just a few minutes here and there since Xmas. Has never happened to me since 1962.

It is dark days indeed, with little to no light in the forecast.

bang on EC , its atrocious to watch . What put me over the I dont give a shit meter was the Drouin deal that I called a disaster from day 1.

Winnipeg was building for years while not winning . Vegas I thought could compete for a playoff spot but fall short near the end , this is a near miracle run.

Edmonton no surprise but not this shit , their team had that Colorado genie in a bottle year with too many overachievers and Talbot standing on his head which was unsustainable .

But this is the best thing that happen to them right now . They can maybe land the top pick or Zadina and with Yamo from junior can give them 2 much needed top 6 wingers . When you are set with 2 top C`s for a near decade your big problems are fixed.

We simply are brutal with no core or base to move forward with .

You're assuming they overrated things just because they didn't admit that they made mistakes. But what they'll admit to doing publicly and what they say among themselves behind closed doors are two different things. And this is assuming that they even give a damn about getting it right or not in the first place. At the end of the season they will still be a team that made a lot of profit for its owner and saved over $8 million worth of cap space.

Don't assume that Molson measures success by the number of Stanley Cup banners hanging from the rafters. It's measured by how many digits are to the left of the decimal point on the bottom line.

The Canucks have signed Erik Gudbranson to a three-year, $12 million extension... $4M AAV.

Idiotic signing. He's been a bust but they'd rather keep him at $4 million per than get a draft pick for him.

But they love him.

@Canucks
2h2 hours ago
More
"Erik is an important part of our team and provides a physical element to our blueline," said GM Jim Benning. "His leadership qualities help us as we continue to integrate younger players in our lineup. He is a quality person, a great teammate and outstanding in the community."

I guess being a "quality person" and "outstanding in the community" is more important than being good at hockey.

There are so many players in the wrong chair its pathetic.

This team will not succeed until they find legitimate top centers to play on the first and second line.

This team will not succeed until they find a legit #2 dman and #3 dman

This mess is on managment and no one else

I remember Gudbranson being traded away from Florida and Gallant was pissed with management . Then he lost his job...luckily.

The Lightning claimed Gabriel Dumont off waivers from the Senators.

CBJ claimed Taylor Chorney off waivers from the Capitals.

Back