• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Regular Season 2017-18

Getting guys like Johnson, Kucherov, Palat and Killorn outside of the first round was a major turning point for this franchise.
Yep. They have done well picking up great players outside of top picks.

But they have has a decent share of top picks as well.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Yep. They have done well picking up great players outside of top picks.

But they have has a decent share of top picks as well.

Oh yeah for sure, I'm not disputing that at all. They had 3 top 3 picks in their lineup last year.

Oh yeah for sure, I'm not disputing that at all. They had 3 top 3 picks in their lineup last year.
They seems to follow a pattern. Suck for a few years. Draft high picks. Good team. Suck and draft high picks. Good team.

They have basically done it three times. Vinny, then Stamkos, Hedman, then drouin.

Habs sorta tried it with price and chuck.

They seems to follow a pattern. Suck for a few years. Draft high picks. Good team. Suck and draft high picks. Good team.

They have basically done it three times. Vinny, then Stamkos, Hedman, then drouin.

Habs sorta tried it with price and chuck.

They are really good at not being in the middle, they're either very good or very bad. Last year was the exception for them.

The Oilers have acquired Mike Cammalleri from the Kings for Jussi Jokinen.

17 points in 18 games.

No big deal.

Markov has cooled down though, 15 points in 29 khl games.

The preds caps game was nuts.

Was nice to switch back and forth between that and the habs game.

Yes, no big deal. His mishandling of that is a fireable offense, IMO.

No it's not , he went for the tax free extra money . I had a slim to none chance he was as coming back .

There was no doubt the whore was going to milk it for every dollar right to the end , he was never going to sign sooner with us or a shorter deal .

Not going 8 mil for him and we are stuck in that near dreaded middle regardless .

No it's not , he went for the tax free extra money . I had a slim to none chance he was as coming back .

There was no doubt the whore was going to milk it for every dollar right to the end , he was never going to sign sooner with us or a shorter deal .

Not going 8 mil for him and we are stuck in that near dreaded middle regardless .

I said "mishandling of that," not his failure to sign him. He could have dealt him at the deadline, and given that he acquired Danault for two stiffs the year before, who knows what he could have acquired for Radoluv. Instead, he now has a huge hole in his top 6 forward group, $8 million of unusable (to now) cap space, and a team that can't score. MB totally blew it. Fireable offense.

Byron in an interview said that the league is getting faster and faster every year.....and that's a fast skater saying this.

I hope Julien will adapt accordingly around trade deadline.....instead of Ott-King-Viking dude

The Blue Jackets have signed Cam Atkinson to a seven-year, $40.25 million extension... $5.75M AAV.

I hope Julien will adapt accordingly around trade deadline.....instead of Ott-King-Viking dude
That move was a desperation strategy to get past NYR, they couldn’t get legit top end talent at the deadline and reverted to the path of least cost. Flawed strategy that failed but the root cause as always was poor scouting & internal player development brought on by lack of vision a few years back of where the NHL game was headed player procurement wise

That move was a desperation strategy to get past NYR, they couldn’t get legit top end talent at the deadline and reverted to the path of least cost. Flawed strategy that failed but the root cause as always was poor scouting & internal player development brought on by lack of vision a few years back of where the NHL game was headed player procurement wise

So when faced with a situation like that, with a team regressing, the logical step is to promote the scouting director to assistant GM? Then keep the status quo in the organization for developing defensemen when a guy like Larry Robinson is available..It's better to have JJ and Rob "I spent time in prison for klling a guy while driving drunk" Ramage in charge of the blueline.

So when faced with a situation like that, with a team regressing, the logical step is to promote the scouting director to assistant GM? Then keep the status quo in the organization for developing defensemen when a guy like Larry Robinson is available..It's better to have JJ and Rob "I spent time in prison for klling a guy while driving drunk" Ramage in charge of the blueline.

One thing Julien has always been criticized about is being too nice and not having balls to make hard decisions.

It's the reason he got fired from NJ when his team was sitting in first place, players didn't respect him and felt they can walk all over him.

The fact he kept the whole coaching staff intact and not bring in one of his choices to assist him tells me he didn't have the guts to tell MB that guys like JJ and Dan Lacroix were completely incompetent

The Blue Jackets have signed Cam Atkinson to a seven-year, $40.25 million extension... $5.75M AAV.

Update on this: it's actually seven years, $41.125 million... $5.875M AAV.

Back