• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Offseason 2018

and ppl thought subban was bad

Three people thought Subban was bad. Two 50-something dimwits from Quebec and the feckless dude who owns the team who didn't like PK becoming bigger than the brand.

http://montrealgazette.com/sports/h...m-david-poile-says-hes-not-trading-p-k-subban

Nashville Predators defenceman P.K. Subban has been listed at No. 10 on TSN’s Trade Bait board, which has 25 players on it, but Predators general manager David Poile told Pierre LeBrun of The Athletic that he’s not trading the former Canadien.

“You see tweets from different places, but that’s not happening,” Poile told LeBrun for his latest column on The Athletic website. “P.K. played terrific this year. He played really well. He’s a really good player. He’s one of the three candidates for the Norris Trophy. I really don’t know where this comes from.”

For some reason, I believe Poile more than Bergevin.

For shits and giggles only , I had lunch with some buddies today and this came up

Would you trade Dahlin for Dubois and Werenski if you are Buffalo ?

a better scenario would be Dahlin for Matthews....and i think both teams hang up the phone

a better scenario would be all our picks at this year's draft for Dahlin.

A better scenario, drafting the other Rasmus defenseman in the 2nd round.

PA Parenteau calls it quits.

ustin Bourne

Verified account

@jtbourne

Justin Bourne Retweeted Brian Compton
Was one of the players I faced in the AHL that made me realize I wasn’t good enough for the NHL. Like “If THAT guy isn’t good enough, I’m screwed.” He ended up playing nearly 500 NHL games, just shy of 300 points. Nice career. All the best to P.A.

The Coyotes have acquired Hudson Fasching from the Sabres for Brandon Hickey and Mike Sislo.

exactly. Dahlin upside is off the charts.

The hype is incredible.....last time someone was this hyped it was in 2005 with Crosby....before that it was Lindros......

true....i forgot about McDavid....

I also forgot about Vinny Lecavalier...who was very hyped also.....didn't Esposito say he would be the Michael Jordan of hockey....

The hype is incredible.....last time someone was this hyped it was in 2005 with Crosby....before that it was Lindros......

The hype around Dahlin has become so incredibly ridiculous. The way they talk about him, you'd think he was the Swedish Bobby Orr. I don't think he is by any stretch.

People look at Dahlin's great positives and ignore all of his shortcomings. It's utterly bizarre.

No mention of him being tired at the end of the season, no mention of him not having good playoffs, no mention of him being basically Sweden's 8th d-man during the Olympics?

All this? For a "generational" player? Please.

Or just maybe this isn’t “all that” of a draft cuvée, just sayin...

What the draft curve may or may not be isn't particularly relevant to Dahlin.

You have a player who many wrongly hype up as a generational player, but will never bring up his shortcomings. They'll always bring up his skating, his decision making, his defensive prowess. He's a mix of Karlsson and Lidstrom! What a preposterous claim. A generational player who can't regularly play in the Olympics when there were maybe 3 NHL caliber players (all playing for Russia) in the whole tournament, who wasn't in the running for the nomination for best d-man in the SEL... I mean, don't get me wrong, Dahlin's going to be a franchise d-man one day, but let's pump the breaks a little...

Unless the player in question is blow your mind away good at 17, it's not possible to know if a defenseman is "generational" at 17. The generational d-man of our day, Erik Karlsson, didn't become what he is now until his early 20s.

Around the League - Offseason 2018

The term generational talent has become synonymous with franchise talent in this instant gratification world we live in.

What it is, is what it is....

Not really, no. Between Crosby & McDavid, where did you hear people throw around the label of generational player around? I never heard it. Nobody was calling Ekblad, Hedman, Johnson, Larson, Jones, etc. generational players.

Around the League - Offseason 2018

Not really, no. Between Crosby & McDavid, where did you hear people throw around the label of generational player around? I never heard it. Nobody was calling Ekblad, Hedman, Johnson, Larson, Jones, etc. generational players.
I recall lots of pundits referring to Hedman as generational

Back