• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Yes I love their approach to building a core

I hate any system that rewards a team for any combination of tanking and previous incompetent managing/drafting, both of which had been part of this team's makeup. That is what our draft system does. However, I get your point. They used whatever inferior system that was in place to their benefit.

I hate any system that rewards a team for any combination of tanking and previous incompetent managing/drafting, both of which had been part of this team's makeup. That is what our draft system does. However, I get your point. They used whatever inferior system that was in place to their benefit.

One that the habs should be using, but seem pleased to try to win this this team of misfit players for the foreseeable future.

One that the habs should be using, but seem pleased to try to win this this team of misfit players for the foreseeable future.

I know it's difficult to talk to you about this but....

The organization was reluctantly willing to tank this year -- and I think they still are. However (and obviously), the players and coaching staff are going to try to win games. They've played much better than anticipated over their first 6 games.

As much as people won't admit -- so far the Habs have been a well coached team this season.

With that said -- it is much much too early to think this is now a playoff bound team. It might very well be, but I have seen this team start 9-0-1 and still manage to finish as the 3rd worst team in the NHL.

Let's revisit this after game 30.

The organization was reluctantly willing to tank this year -- and I think they still are. However (and obviously), the players and coaching staff are going to try to win games. They've played much better than anticipated over their first 6 games.

As much as people won't admit -- so far the Habs have been a well coached team this season.

With that said -- it is much much too early to think this is now a playoff bound team. It might very well be, but I have seen this team start 9-0-1 and still manage to finish as the 3rd worst team in the NHL.

It's early days yet, and injuries and slumps will come, but fast skating, hard working teams that lack finishing talent always tend to stick around in the playoff hunt till later in the year.

I imagine that come game 30 they will be closer to the WC cutoff than the basement, at which point it's playoffs or bust.

It's early days yet, and injuries and slumps will come, but fast skating, hard working teams that lack finishing talent always tend to stick around in the playoff hunt till later in the year.

I imagine that come game 30 they will be closer to the WC cutoff than the basement, at which point it's playoffs or bust.

Teams that have Tatar types leading in scoring go nowhere

Like you mentioned .....dreaded middle

Teams that have Tatar types leading in scoring go nowhere

Like you mentioned .....dreaded middle

Might was well enjoy the wins while they last.

Some short term joy for long term disappointment if this continues but that's the only silver lining there is.

We'll see. It's only game 6.

When was that? I don't recall any season like that.

Didn’t the Habs start 9-0 in 15-16, granted they didn’t draft 3rd overall

Yes....and everyone could see that Price was masking most of their mistakes.

This year, the players are actually playing a system/style that would allow them to keep winning...and Price hasn't even been Price yet.

Now if they could try to avoid the penalty box....

LOL!

9c2622b942c1752fb318aac8fde1ccbc.jpg

[emoji122]

Because Max and Chuckie are laying eggs, nobody is posting about the talent that got away. So I will. Chuckie has been hurt (should play soon) and Max has 1 point in 7 games.

Because Max and Chuckie are laying eggs, nobody is posting about the talent that got away. So I will. Chuckie has been hurt (should play soon) and Max has 1 point in 7 games.

Max showed signs last year that he doesnt have the same burst of speed. Who knows with Galchenyuk? He probably needs to find chemistry with the right linemates.

Max showed signs last year that he doesnt have the same burst of speed. Who knows with Galchenyuk? He probably needs to find chemistry with the right linemates.

Galchenyuk is good for 20-25 goals inside a mix of good games and bad games.

That’s how I’ll remember him here, a guy with talent but missing somthing in his game to go to another level.

The thing I can say about Domi is that he will not score as much as AG but shows up each night and generates chances through his hard work and speed which will makes his linemates better.

Back