• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Offseason 2018

Without a signed EK , Ottawa did ok as a package with multiple picks involved.

Just listened to Pierre Mcguire, he says he qualifies this as a quantity not quality trade.

Ottawa is gunning for Lafreniere, its obvious

They will be worse next year after they lose Stone and Duchene

Ottawa is gunning for Lafreniere, its obvious

They will be worse next year after they lose Stone and Duchene

They are going to have so many first round pics in the next few years. Yikes

So is SJ’s defense corp better than Nashville

karlsson, Burns, Vlasic

Vs

PK, Josi, ellis

They are going to have so many first round pics in the next few years. Yikes

Unfortunately they will not have the most important one which will be their own 2019 which will likely sting if they finish bottom three

Unfortunately they will not have the most important one which will be their own 2019 which will likely sting if they finish bottom three

True. Hard to believe that they are more messed up than we are

So is SJ’s defense corp better than Nashville

karlsson, Burns, Vlasic

Vs

PK, Josi, ellis

Definitively yes imo.

Now my question is how does this trade affect point production for Karlsson and Burns fantasy wise.
My hockey pool is in 2 weeks.

Less 5 on 5 ice time for both vs a deadlier power play..?

Last edited:

Just listened to Pierre Mcguire, he says he qualifies this as a quantity not quality trade.

Agreed it is a quantity vs quality deal .

EK isnt signed and from I heard today SJ wasnt high on his list of destinations .

Tierney had a decent year when he had a shot to play more minutes in Joe`s absence .

I can see him improving offensively . Norris is a solid prospect a legit top 6 player one day .

This Latvian kid is a talented wildcard .

EK is a stud no doubt but I dont see SJ any closer to a cup with this deal with Winnipeg and Nashville in control a while longer .

Montreal has a first round pick and Ottawa doesn't so I could see Montreal finishing behind Ottawa just because they have a reason to do so.

Still though the lack of a legit bluechip prospect for Karlsson is going to make this an incredibly tough sell.

Montreal has a first round pick and Ottawa doesn't so I could see Montreal finishing behind Ottawa just because they have a reason to do so.

Still though the lack of a legit bluechip prospect for Karlsson is going to make this an incredibly tough sell.

Ottawa is finishing bottom three this year, they are far worse than last year

Back