• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Which name do you take off for Domi? I think those names are star players.

If I had to pick one.... Dhalin. 17 point gap. What the hell has he done yet?

It's also the 2018 rankings. If you are basing it on this season alone, he should make the list no question.

It's also the 2018 rankings. If you are basing it on this season alone, he should make the list no question.

I didn't read the criteria but I assumed they were listing their overall value.... not just listing the top 25 performances to date.

The list seems pretty good to me.

Got no issue with that list at all. It's based on projections and value. It's not just based on the first 4 weeks of the 2018/2019 NHL season.

I see high pitch benched Sergachev yet again last night (3-of last-5 games) and there’s talk he’ll be a healthy scratch next game.

Looks like it was way too early to pass judgement on the deal.

I see high pitch benched Sergachev yet again last night (3-of last-5 games) and there’s talk he’ll be a healthy scratch next game.

TB media are saying he’s been shaky this year, alot of mistakes

We didnt get enough regardless of what Chevy does .

Sergachev should have been in minors one more year (his first year in Tampa)...

there was no sense in rushing a 19-year old dmen....especially one that supposed to be a legit #1-2

It's always harder for dmen to make it at a young age in the NHL....unlike forwards

We didnt get enough regardless of what Chevy does .
Dunno man, Drouin’s on pace for 70-pts after a slow start, if that’s what he becomes pretty hard to argue it was a bad deal, especially if Sergachev doesn’t become the stud many here believed he was based on “feel”.

Moreover not all markets are created equal, actually performing in the Mtl market is not something most players can do vs a backwater like TBay

Dunno man, Drouin’s on pace for 70-pts after a slow start, if that’s what he becomes pretty hard to argue it was a bad deal, especially if Sergachev doesn’t become the stud many here believed he was based on “feel”.

Moreover not all markets are created equal, actually performing in the Mtl market is not something most players can do vs a backwater like TBay

Nonsense , top prospects are worth gold at 18-19 as the ante goes up based on potential , upside and intrigue .

Juolevi and Strome for example are worth much 3 years ago than now when neither have become anything in this league .

We needed to get a higher ceiling player . Do you think CBJ would deal PLD 2 years ago for JD or Boston with McAvoy .....not a chance .

JD is very luck he is leaching off Max`s playmaking ability right now , he would be nothing without him .

Max is the engine to this offence right now . Hope it lasts and he is a legit front line player .

But I dont think we got enough for Chevy and 20 games isnt enough to make a conclusion on JD

Juolevi and Strome for example are worth much 3 years ago than now when neither have become anything in this league .

Yeah, when you point to guys who haven't lived up to expectations so far... obviously.

Guys like Matthew Tkachuk, DeBrincat, Marner, Rantanen, Provorov, Werenski, Barzal, Chabot, Boeser, Aho, Draisatl, Nylander, Larkin and countless others have considerably more value now than when they were drafted.

Yeah, when you point to guys who haven't lived up to expectations so far... obviously.

Guys like Matthew Tkachuk, DeBrincat, Marner, Rantanen, Provorov, Werenski, Barzal, Chabot, Boeser, Aho, Draisatl, Nylander, Larkin and countless others have considerably more value now than when they were drafted.

Agreed if you producing at 20-21 your value is also very high or higher .

My point is all these top upside picks have solid value at 18-19 prior to making a name in this league .

How many of you would of traded KK 5 games into the season for Sam Reinhart?

Thats our Drouin deal , hoping a player at 22-23 becomes what was expected .

Back