• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

Around the League - Regular Season 2018-19

Re: Around the League - Training Camp 2017

Already there are trade rumours surrounding Subban.

Nice try to spin this negatively.

The rumour is that the Leafs are TARGETING Subban. And frankly, from a Habs competitive standpoint it's better that he stays in Nashville. Subban on the Leafs would be a very bad thing for the Habs.

NCAA football rulz Fla, no?
Yes.

South Florida also has a massive immigrant population. They tend to be into soccer.

The indigenous people here are fickle as ****, if the team isn't winning they spend their money on something else and there's a plethora of things to do down here.

NCAA football rulz Fla, no?

I guess I meant pro sports.

I look at attendances at MLB games...Rays and Marlins have the worse attendances in MLB

Panthers are a complete joke attendance wise in the NHL

The Bucs are at the bottom of the NFL in attendance also.

It's unfortunate that we're so invested with every little thing the the Nashville Preds do.

Show's how people still think of that trade....

It's unfortunate that we're so invested with every little thing the the Nashville Preds do.

Show's how people still think of that trade....

I kind of like it.

Clearly their profile has risen since their cup run.

It`s amazing. The NHL is a joke. Lupul/Robidas/Cowen, the Hawks joke of an injury with Hossa. Why have a cap? They don't have the balls to enforce the rules.

In all these cases, I'm guessin each team submitted a medical report, signed by a proper doctor stating they could not play. The league would need to have ground to believe these reports are false and request that these players be examed by their own doctor to see if the diagnostic is indeed the right one.

But do they want to do this? That's the other question.

In all these cases, I'm guessin each team submitted a medical report, signed by a proper doctor stating they could not play. The league would need to have ground to believe these reports are false and request that these players be examed by their own doctor to see if the diagnostic is indeed the right one.

But do they want to do this? That's the other question.

The proper procedure is for the player to dispute the report by getting his own doctor, who would write a report that he could play.

If the team and player still disagree, then at this point the league steps in with a third doctor.

But the thing is that Lupul and Robidas and Hossa are not fighting their team's medical reports. They aren't getting a doctor to submit a conflicting report, so the league has no grounds to step in. Cowen did appeal, and when his appeal went to the arbitrator he lost.

As long as the player isn't fighting the diagnosis officially, what he spouts off on twitter or instagram is of little use to the league.

The Blues have hired Larry Robinson as Senior Consultant to Hockey Ops.

The proper procedure is for the player to dispute the report by getting his own doctor, who would write a report that he could play.

If the team and player still disagree, then at this point the league steps in with a third doctor.

But the thing is that Lupul and Robidas and Hossa are not fighting their team's medical reports. They aren't getting a doctor to submit a conflicting report, so the league has no grounds to step in. Cowen did appeal, and when his appeal went to the arbitrator he lost.

As long as the player isn't fighting the diagnosis officially, what he spouts off on twitter or instagram is of little use to the league.

Although this seems like common sense, but out of curiosity - how do you know all this? Are there sources I can read? Thanks.

Although this seems like common sense, but out of curiosity - how do you know all this? Are there sources I can read? Thanks.

Dreger has been writing about it this week. The stories are on TSN.ca

Lebrun did some for the Athletic too. but thats behind a paywall.

Back