• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

OT Looking for deep sea fishing boat

Best bank fishing in the Triangle: Lake Johnson, in South Raleigh. I've seen a ton of huge bass yanked from that little lake.

The bigger lakes are not great for bank fishing. Durant Nature Park has a small lake with relatively clear water (for this area at least) but I've never caught nor seen a fish caught there after many visits.

The lake Johnson people get their nickers in a twist on people bank fishing.
They want you to fish from a non-motorized boat or from the walking bridge.

Caught fish yesterday. Only downside is that boat was too crowded. They had around 70 people and I think they should limit it to 50 at most. If you go on Capt. Stacy try to go on a weekday or the off season. Sea was smooth but I took Bonine just in case. Red snapper was what most people caught.

Are the various piers about the same for fishing or are some in better locations? I am wondering about piers from Atlantic Beach south to SC line.

Thanks for all the advice.

Sometimes all you need is a kayak and to be in the right place to fish to have great fishing. I was trolling crankbaits along a submerged river channel for crappie when this bass hit. It was a great fight on a light action rod & 6 pound test line. She pulled about 25 feet of drag and jumped twice before I got the net under her. I took two pictures and released her to fight and spawn again.

7-29-17 Holt Bass.1.jpg

Jim

Back