Thread: 2017 Summer Transfer Thread

Canes Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Default 2017 Summer Transfer Thread

The window hasn't opened but we have a few signings.

Tuttosport in Italy reports that Juventus have signed Wojciech Szczesny from Arsenal. He had spent the last 2 years on loan at Roma.

Arsenal signed defender Sead Kolasinac on a free transfer from Schalke.

All-Star
    Post Thanks / Like

Default Re: 2017 Summer Transfer Thread

Antoine Griezmann has apparently nixed moving this summer due to not wanting to leave his teammates hung out to dry, with Atletico under a transfer ban. While I'd like to see him in the PL, I'd rather it be someone besides MU, since Jose would find a way to make him boring.

Canes Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by HNIM View Post
    Antoine Griezmann has apparently nixed moving this summer due to not wanting to leave his teammates hung out to dry, with Atletico under a transfer ban. While I'd like to see him in the PL, I'd rather it be someone besides MU, since Jose would find a way to make him boring.
    Yep, he called it a "dirty move". He may be the only Frenchman not moving this summer, if you believe even a small sliver of the rumors.

Post Thanks / Like

Fair play to Griezmann, too. It would suck to be selfish and leave your club in the lurch with no way to replace you. Good on him.

On the other end of the spectrum ...
    Sounds like Costa is either being shoved out at Chelsea or is trying to buy up the entire jerk store and force his way out with the giant crowbar of his horrible personality.

Canes Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Quote Originally Posted by jeffbear View Post
    On the other end of the spectrum ...
    Sounds like Costa is either being shoved out at Chelsea or is trying to buy up the entire jerk store and force his way out with the giant crowbar of his horrible personality.
    They're not mutually exclusive...

Canes Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like

Everton have beeen busy, splashing 25 million on keeper Jordan Pickford from Sunderland and 23.5 million on attacking midfielder Davy Klaassen from Ajax.