• Moderators, please send me a PM if you are unable to access mod permissions. Thanks, Habsy.

2017 Summer Transfer Thread

West Brom signed 97 year old Gareth Barry to a 1 year deal. He needs 5 more appearances to pass Ryan Giggs on the all-time Premier League list.

West Brom signed 97 year old Gareth Barry to a 1 year deal. He needs 5 more appearances to pass Ryan Giggs on the all-time Premier League list.

Even in the midst of their dinosaur collecting of the past summer, Villa took a pass on Barry. And he's a home grown.

Everton finally complete the purchase of Gylfi Sigurdsson from Swansea for £45 million. Spurs reportedly get 10% of the deal.

Everton finally complete the purchase of Gylfi Sigurdsson from Swansea for £45 million. Spurs reportedly get 10% of the deal.

He's a good fit for what they need in the middle of the formation but that's a BUNCH of money to pay for a guy his age.

He's a good fit for what they need in the middle of the formation but that's a BUNCH of money to pay for a guy his age.

He's not the fastest guy, he gets by more on his brains, so losing half a step won't be a big deal. And he's been pretty durable. So that mitigates it somewhat. And this year the money makes less sense than ever. It kinda is what it is.

Yeah ... I get that. And I do love Gylfi's game. All brain, very little brawn. One of the most willing to work players of his skill level that I can ever recall.

Spurs finally make their first deal of the summer, signing Ajax defender Davinson Sanchez for what could be a 42 million Euro deal. He signed a contract through 2023. He still needs to have his medical and get a work permit. He has 2 caps for Colombia's senior team.

Swansea sign Hull City midfielder Sam Clucas to a 4 year deal.

Spurs sign goalkeeper Paulo Gazzaniga from Southampton to a 5 year deal. He played in the Spanish 2nd division last year on loan. He had 23 appearances over the previous 4 years at Southampton.

Huddersfield sign midfielder Abdelhamid Sabiri from Nunberg. He had 5 goals in 7 starts for Nurnberg last year.

Zlatan is back, signing a 1 year deal to return to Man U.

Huddersfield signed right back Florent Hadergjonaj (and I'm glad I'm not their kit man) from Ingolstadt on a season long loan.

Curious. Zlatan and Lukaku are clearly not going to be playing together ... right? If Zlatan going to happy playing second fiddle? Because I know for a fact that Lukaku won't be. And he tends to sulk even when coddled.

Curious. Zlatan and Lukaku are clearly not going to be playing together ... right? If Zlatan going to happy playing second fiddle? Because I know for a fact that Lukaku won't be. And he tends to sulk even when coddled.

Under normal circumstances, I'd agree, this is a match made in hell. Maybe he recongnizes that he can't be "the man" anymore and he'll be happy playing in a withdrawn role, behind Lukaku. But his presence in the middle will clog things up for Pogba and he's been fantastic so far.

Robert Snodgrass leaves West Ham for a season long loan at Aston Villa.

Barcelona have completed the signing of Ousmane Dembele from Borussia Dortmund. It's an initial 105 million Euro fee with about 30 million in potential add-ons. He will have a 400 million Euro release clause.

Spurs center back Cameron Carter-Vickers moves to Sheffield United on a season long loan. He's an American born in England who came from the Spurs academy. He's played for the US U18, U20 and U23 teams but he's not cap tied as he hasn't played for the senior national team yet.

West Brom signs wing Oliver Burke from RB Leipzig for 15 million pounds

Another defender for West Brom. They sign Kieran Gibbs from Arsenal on a 4 year deal for up to a 7 million pound transfer fee. While it seems he's been around forever, he's only 27, having made his senior debut as an 18 year old. There are rumors that Jonny Evans could be headed the other way.

Liverpool signed Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain from Arsenal for up to 40 million pounds. Arsenal and Chelsea had agreed on terms earlier in the week, and Chelsea had been rumored to be chasing him all summer, but Oxlade-Chamberlain didn't want to go to Chelsea.

Back